Fiery

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 1:04 PM, Fiery said:

Is there a SDK or programming information for the display?

https://github.com/mathoudebine/turing-smart-screen-python

Best I could dig out, I've just happened upon one of these things (nice for £20) and I've had it displaying info using the python scripts I linked above.

Bit of a necro but it would make a nice sensor panel. 

Edit: Furthermore, I've found this https://www.simhubdash.com/ software that also supports the Turing smart screen describing it simply as a Serial port based screen.

In fact in the programs Settings>System Info it actually pulls data from AIDA64.

Can we cut out the middleman???

Edit: Additional info.

Turing smart screen controller library for .NET: https://github.com/usausa/turing-smart-screen

TuringSmartScreenTool .NET tool: https://www.nuget.org/packages/TuringSmartScreenTool/

TuringSmartScreen lib: https://www.nuget.org/packages/TuringSmartScreenLib/

Edited by fyrewyre
Even more additional info.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/14/2022 at 6:53 PM, Fiery said:

It depends on the microcontroller used.  How do you connect the display to your computer?

Hey Fiery,

sorry was a few days without Internet. From what i've seen the connection will be through an Daughterboard connected by USB. Adafruit suggested this Adafruit Feather M0 Express - ATSAMD21 Cortex M0

Alternatives would be Adafruit Feather M4 Express - Featuring ATSAMD51 - ATSAMD51 Cortex M4 or Adafruit ItsyBitsy M4 Express featuring ATSAMD51

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I find these things are kind of difficult to search for, but how about using a regular computer monitor and GPU instead of some special and/or dedicated USB device hooked up to a display?

I'm sure there's no simple way to do this, no thanks to MS & their layer cake structure APIs and whatever, but seeing as how certain movie players, not to mention games can manipulate graphics cards and their settings, so why not an app that can interface in some way with AIDA64 and separate it from the normal multi-monitor stuff in Windows?

It would be awesome to use an old monitor since they're practically sold for peanut money and these old 4:3 monitors are pretty much useless unless you're running a simple server, a Linux box or something like that.

Edit: I should also point out why I would like to use a computer monitor in this manner. First of all the obvious; The size and visibility, maybe even some custom graphics would be nice too.

Secondly, as simple a solution it is to just use it as a secondary (or, would-be in my case, fourth)  monitor, the issue is that Windows identifies any activated GPUs/monitors and can rearrange them if the resolution is changed, like some games does and suddenly what used to be the center monitor goes on either side or somewhere else. Changed resolution on this extra monitor would also affect window-locations, possibly.

Then there's the issue with screen saver and/or standby, logged out or locked screen, if used, it would display and/or black out that screen which might be undesired.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:47 AM, Fiery said:

I'm sorry, but we currently have no plans to develop for Nest Hub.

I know this is an old reply but was looking for something similar and found this post.

If you're using google chrome you can cast any window from your pc to the nest hub, so also the aida64 sensor panel.

Hi Fiery, I've been thinking a lot lately about how to build a low-cost device for monitoring computer parameters. Do you know Espressif? Their representative product is esp32. Recently they came out with an esp32s3, which supports USB full speed protocol, runs very fast, and most importantly it is very cheap and easily available in my area. I hope to build an esp32s3+320*240SPI interface LCD and open source them, but I have encountered some difficulties, so I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. I want to receive rendered images (resolution 320x240) via USB, is this possible? What protocol should I use for communication? Can you provide me with relevant API documentation?
2. If possible, is it possible to make a page for this device and join it in the update plan?
The following is my DIY preview and esp32s3 datasheet:

image.thumb.jpeg.db2a8383862b050f2a13504c955b9804.jpeg

esp32-s3_datasheet_en.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:lol:Hello, can anyone hear me? :lol:After the last post, I checked all the content of this topic one by one, and I found a preset that is very suitable for my current hardware conditions: Robopeak, which also uses a 320x240 screen, and uses full-speed USB as the hardware interface, Because Robopeak's firmware is not open source, I want to use the current new screen and new MCU to make a fully open source USB2LCD. At present, I have completed the hardware part, and I am still working on the software part. I hope to know some details about the communication between Robopeak and AIDA64, so that I can use it as a reference when writing the firmware, and get as close to Robopeak as possible so that you can understand it quickly. Of course, if you are interested, I can send you the hardware, including all documentation and code. I will be very grateful if you reply me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I purchased a 7" LCD screen to use as a Sensor Panel for my new pc, although I had never used AIDA64 before.
I have now downloaded it but I can't figure out how to make it work, I'm not sure it's supported...
Could you please help a new user out?
Thanks!

The monitor should be this one... It's not exactly the same because I purchased it from my local amazon website but for all intents and purposed it should be the same, just with a different "producer" somehow.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, TzzV said:

Hello,

I purchased a 7" LCD screen to use as a Sensor Panel for my new pc, although I had never used AIDA64 before.
I have now downloaded it but I can't figure out how to make it work, I'm not sure it's supported...
Could you please help a new user out?
Thanks!

The monitor should be this one... It's not exactly the same because I purchased it from my local amazon website but for all intents and purposed it should be the same, just with a different "producer" somehow.

Thanks!

It should be a regular monitor connected to your PC via HDMI.  You can use the SensorPanel facility with it.