Alerting needs an overhaul

eldata

Well, that's my opinion after looking at the Help document and experimenting with alerts in AIDA64 Extreme. Listed below are complaints;

• Time between sending alerts appears to be a global setting. Each alert (or action within that alert) should have its own setting in order to improve effectiveness.
  • Minimum time for alert repetition is 1 hour. Okay for emails and that's about it. Say your preferred action for a particular alert is to play a sound and your typical wav file lasts for 5 seconds. One may want that to be repeated every 30 seconds for example. See also the "open loop" complaint below.
  • Alerting appears to be "open loop" in that the program will not stop repetitions when the trigger condition is no longer met.
  • No option to prevent false alerts. All indications are that an action is triggered the instant the trigger condition is met. One should be able to specify, for each alert, how many times the trigger condition be met before the action is triggered.

I must confess that with the current minimum alert repetition time of 1 hour, it was difficult to experiment thoroughly. So point me in the right direction in the event that something was missed or a complaint is invalid.

Thanks!

You're right about those points. We'll work on the Alerting module to make it more flexible and more usable in the upcoming weeks. I'll let you know in this topic once the "facelifted" Alerting module is available.

Thanks,

Fiery

You're right about those points. We'll work on the Alerting module to make it more flexible and more usable in the upcoming weeks. I'll let you know in this topic once the "facelifted" Alerting module is available.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you so much.

• 3 months later...

I have a similar problem. Alarm is triggered one time per hour. Usually I need sound alarm when playing 3D games, therefore I have not time to watching OSD or Sensor Panel. This should warn me that my overclocked CPU can burn or physical memory is close to an end.

How does it work in RivaTuner: the alarm will sound every time when the temperature crosses the threshold upward. Repeat(s) will only occur if the temperature falls below the threshold and rises again. Of course, it has a polling interval, which prevents endless "ringing". It works well, but I have a goal to have only one AIDA on my PC ;)

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/4/2011 at 6:26 AM, Fiery said:

Thanks,

Fiery

Any update worth mentioning?

-zc-

• 1 year later...

10 years later still no update ?  I am eagerly needing alerts to be repeated sub 60seconds.

Once this option is implemented i will happily purchase this product.

Thanks,

Fiery

• 2 months later...

Come on guys, any update on this ? ?  -_- 

You're right about those points. We'll work on the Alerting module to make it more flexible and more usable in the upcoming weeks

When can we expect to have the timing in alerts interval to be changed to minutes and not 1 hour interval ? 

Would also be great to integrate a kind of logfile or at least a note on which alert item, was the culprit for example when "shutdown the computer" option is selected and are many Alert Items. Tested this and there is no way to check which of the items was in cause of the shutdown when logging back.