AIDA64 with Logitech G15 support sttutering game (Asus X99-Deluxe II + i7-6850K)

kobbybest

hello,

Aida 5.80.4000

When i play game (exemple Battlefield 4) game sttutering at same frequency that G15 LCD refresh rate setting in hardware monitoring => update frequency => LCD.

If i put 1000 ms so stutter is every 1000 ms, if i put 5000 ms so stutter every 5000 ms.

If i disable Logitech LCD qupport in LCD section so no stutter in game.

In stability menu, if i disable low-level PCI bus operations => no stutter in game but no information on gpu ans cpu on G15 LCD.

I have changed my motherboard ( asus x99 Deluxe II )and cpu ( intel 6850k ) recently and i have update AIDA to last version for intel 6850K support in aida

I don't remember what version of aida i have before but no stutter problem before (asus P8Z68 Deluxe and intel 2700k)

GPu : 2 nvidia 980GTX in sli with Windows 10 64 bits las build.

How fix this problem .

Best regards

We need to dig down a bit deeper, since the hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 is very long and complex, and involves several sub-modules.  It's not easy to tell which one of those sub-modules cause the issue.  Try to go to AIDA64 / main menu / View and enable status bar from there.  Then right-click on the status bar (at the bottom of the main window of AIDA64) --> HWMon Modules, and enable the modules you can see in the list one by one.  Probably it's easier and quicker to locate the culprit if you don't play a game, but use DPC Latency Checker:

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/bea29454771dccab4156ec33079d5d02/58146715/1cf3a/4/1?tsf=0

(the direct download link from the vendor's site doesn't seem to work right now)

Please let me know if you can find the one hwmon module that causes the latency issues on your computer.

Oh thanks for program DPC latency checker, i have find the module who stutter game : It's CPU DIODE

It's logical because i have update cpu so i have update aida too for support my new cpu.

One things : when i 'm disable cpu diodes => no stutter but no temperature viewing for all core execept CORE 1, it's Strange no ,temperature of core 1 not use CPU DIODE module :-) ?

Thanks

PS: sorry if my English is bas, i'm not speaking very well in English.

Best regards

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps ;) BTW, when you disable the CPU Diode module, AIDA64 will still use ACPI and motherboard sensor to try and measure CPU temperature.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Debug --> CPUID & MSR Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

i have try another thing, i download an launch coretemp application V1.41 last release, this application have no problem for viewing cpu core temp on G19 with no stutter, so i think that it use another method to get this temperature, can you implement this method for processor that support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 ?

Please give us a few days to try and figure out what causes the collision between Intel's Turbo Boost Max 3.0 driver and AIDA64.  We have a strange suspicion that it's not the CPU diode temperature measurement, but another portion of the AIDA64 hardware monitoring module.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid so far we haven't found a way to replicate the issue on our own i7-6850K test system using an Asus X99 motherboard.  We've tried to get a hardware as close to yours as possible, so we're perplexed that we cannot see the same issues here.  There may be a hardware component or software installed on your system that is behind these issues -- or maybe Turbo Boost 3.0 works differently on your system than on ours...

18 hours ago, kobbybest said:

Hello,

How have you reproduced the problem ? If we used  DPC latency checker, there is no problem with it, i have never see stutter with this program, only with game.

You can test with battlefield 4 or battlefield 1 game for example.

Maybe I have misunderstood your post above. Do you mean that you cannot see any latency spikes in DPC Latency Checker, but you still have stuttering issues in the games you've mentioned?

It's not only batlefield game, i have same problem with star war the old republic, mafia 3 etc...

To resume :

AIDA CPU diode on and intel TBMT 3.0 on Sttuter in game with frequency that is the same the setting configured in PREFERENCES => HARDWARE MONITORING => UPDATE FREQUENCY => "sensor page". If sensor page is 3000 ms , sttuter is every 3000 ms, if setting is 1000 ms, sttuter is every 1000 ms. It's not a joke !!!

AIDA CPU diode on and intel TBMT 3.0 off no problem

AIDA CPU diode off and intel TBMT 3.0 on no problem

AIDA off, CORE TEMP ON (program search same information from cpu core temp) and intel TBMT 3.0 on no problem

It's clearly a bug between AIDA CPU diode and intel TBMT 3.0 and not a dpc problem.

Have you try to reproduce with sensor page open and setting to 1000 ms with a battlefield game, when you run, stutter is very visible every one second.

I love AIDA 64, please help me =>i don't know if you can modify the way to get information of core temp in cpu diode module, but if you can , send me the component and i test for you.

Thank you for reading

I can post video if you want or what you need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there,

Same problem here, AIDA64, cause suttering in games and sound dissortions. I've checked with DPC and it goes over 4000. When i close AIDA64, evrything goes smooth and Latency goes down to 100.

The problem is i dont have TBMT 3.0 installed.

I have I7 7700K and Asus Maximus IX Hero with latest bios.

Please help me out i need AIDA for monitoring my WC.

I use AIDA64 with Logitech G19 LCD if that matters.

I have latest "RELEASE" build of AIDA64

With Best Regards

Simon 

10 hours ago, Jasonos said:

Hi there,

Same problem here, AIDA64, cause suttering in games and sound dissortions. I've checked with DPC and it goes over 4000. When i close AIDA64, evrything goes smooth and Latency goes down to 100.

The problem is i dont have TBMT 3.0 installed.

I have I7 7700K and Asus Maximus IX Hero with latest bios.

Please help me out i need AIDA for monitoring my WC.

I use AIDA64 with Logitech G19 LCD if that matters.

I have latest "RELEASE" build of AIDA64

With Best Regards

Simon 

It seems on some configurations reading EC (Embedded Controller) registers cause high DPC latency.  The only "solution" we've found so far is to disable EC readout by disabling the following options on the page AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability:

Embedded Controller (EC) support
Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

After altering those options, make sure to restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  However, by disabling those, you will lose a set of sensor readings, e.g. PCH temperature, T_Sensor1 temperature, WATER_IN temperature, WATER_OUT temperature, Water Pump fan, Water Flow fan, VCC Sustain voltage, CPU PLL voltage, VCCMP voltage.