What does your SensorPanel Look Like?

strife1013

somebody has to take on this request of mine could you make this layout into a sensor panel?

http://www.asusrog.c...84&d=1311444163

of course all vertical kindoff like what tri tech dynamics did,i just love the ROG layout from asus the colours all of it its just magical,

im a real rog junky since i fell in love with the design , i got the cpu-z rog version and gpu-z rog version must i say anything more ;) ,

or edit the sidebar gadget to look like it ,that would be even better since the sensor panel doesnt support transparancy ,thanks in advance

of course not exactly the same way you dummy...everything except the name asus and republic of gamers , the rest stays but its a killer concept you gotta admit ;)

tbh im not really a fan of this sensorpanel thing its nothing else than the sidebar gadget just without the support for transparency , so if somebody would like to make this , please consider doing it as a sidebar gadget, or find a way to introduce transparency xD , love aida64 got the extreme edition thou as said the gui is fugly at best and windows 95/98 much ?...not to mention the sensor panel being a marginal improvement in

visuals over the sidebar the only thing improved about it is the startup splash screen , lol ,you gotta do better than that if you want more customers,look at what asus is doing with its gui designs for example seriously this isnt the 90´s anymore guys, peace

update: my bad meant the extreme edition not extreme engineer forgot that the engineer was the corporate license one they both sound almost the same got them mixed up :P

of course not exactly the same way you dummy...everything except the name asus and republic of gamers , the rest stays but its a killer concept you gotta admit ;)

tbh im not really a fan of this sensorpanel thing its nothing else than the sidebar gadget just without the support for transparency , so if somebody would like to make this , please consider doing it as a sidebar gadget, or find a way to introduce transparency xD , love aida64 got the engineer edition thou as said the gui is fugly at best and windows 95/98 much ?...not to mention the sensor panel being a marginal improvement in

visuals over the sidebar the only thing improved about it is the startup splash screen , lol ,you gotta do better than that if you want more customers,look at what asus is doing with its gui designs for example seriously this isnt the 90´s anymore guys, peace

Please choose your words more carefully, and do not call anyone here a "dummy". I don't mind critical observations about AIDA64, but:

1) You don't seem to be using a legal copy of AIDA64

2) By stating "this sensorpanel thing its nothing else than the sidebar gadget just without the support for transparency" you clearly admit you don't know what these features are about, and how much more advanced the SensorPanel is, compared to the Sidebar Gadget feature. BTW, by cutting the underlying part of the Windows Desktop wallpaper and adding it as a background image on the SensorPanel, you can actually make the SensorPanel sort of "transparent".

3) Most of our customers actually prefer the clean, easy-to-use interface of what AIDA64 currently features. We could add more "bling", more "explosions", more colours, but a lot of the people who use AIDA64 focuses on what really matters for them: accurate sysinfo, cutting edge benchmarks, wide-range of hardware monitoring features.

dummy was just a saying like: of course bro what else .... :rolleyes: youre being overobservative here my friend ...oh boy ;)

that will be very difficult seeing as i use a dreamscene aka a moving background -.-', i am using a legal copy -.-'

p.s: i use this for the exact same reasons as you mentioned exspecially for the system monitoring since im a pc enthusiast mainly ocing his setup

and aida64 is the perfect companion to monitor everything for stability

anyhow my request still stands and itd be much appreciated , thanks in advance yall :)

• 2 weeks later...

dummy was just a saying like: of course bro what else .... :rolleyes: youre being overobservative here my friend ...oh boy ;)

that will be very difficult seeing as i use a dreamscene aka a moving background -.-', i am using a legal copy -.-'

p.s: i use this for the exact same reasons as you mentioned exspecially for the system monitoring since im a pc enthusiast mainly ocing his setup

and aida64 is the perfect companion to monitor everything for stability

anyhow my request still stands and itd be much appreciated , thanks in advance yall :)

Hey! Dummy what does "overobservative" mean?

it means overanalyzing words that arent meant as a negative thing ...oh boy!..people nowadays are all uptight what gives? and dont ask me what overanalyzing is or ill have to link you to a dictionary <_<.... ;)

now can we get back to the threads subject , anyone wanna take my request on? i already made a extra thread for it thou btw, and im usually the last that bugs people bout requests but this is important to me, peace and stay fresh yall aida64 the best pc monitoring app period!... :)

• 1 month later...

We'll soon implement the requested improvement. Until then, you can precisely set the SensorPanel dimensions by doing:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

In there two keys represent the SensorPanel dimensions:

SensorPanelWidth

SensorPanelHeight

4) After changing those values, close Registry Editor, and start AIDA64

Regards,

Fiery

Would also like to fine tune the position on the desktop.., is that defined by:

SensorPanelPosX

SensorPanelPosY

in the Registry?

And should I unlock the SensorPanel position before making changes?

Would also like to fine tune the position on the desktop.., is that defined by:

SensorPanelPosX

SensorPanelPosY

in the Registry?

And should I unlock the SensorPanel position before making changes?

No, you don't have to unlock the position. Just make sure to close AIDA64, then you can alter the mentioned Registry entries.

No, you don't have to unlock the position. Just make sure to close AIDA64, then you can alter the mentioned Registry entries.

Thank you, and due to no correction I will assume those two values do define the SensorPanel position on the desktop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I  tried the RegEdit mode...

SensorPanelPosX=300

SensorPanelPosY=800

But the Sensor Panel just keeps resetting to 0 0 position for X &  Y.

What am I doing wrong?

If you move the SensorPanel out of the visible Windows Desktop area, AIDA64 will automatically place it back to the visible area.

I  tried the RegEdit mode...

SensorPanelPosX=300

SensorPanelPosY=800

But the Sensor Panel just keeps resetting to 0 0 position for X &  Y.

What am I doing wrong?

There was pertinent info on several of the comments around the one I linked, one of which Fiery states you must exit AIDA64 to change the X/Y position in the registry.

I think AIDA64 reads the registry on start-up, and then holds the values in memory.

I also think AIDA64 writes the values to registry on exit.

If you edit the registry when the program is open, it does not update the values in memory, and then writes the old values back to registry on exiting, negating your changes.

Maybe.

I found that out already.  The registry gets reset to 0, 0 position if Aida is moved beyond the visible area of the screen.

Not really sure how to resolve this one.

What is needed is some more user options for...

1: X & Y positions upon start up.

2: HotKey command to allow popping up & hiding Aida.

The above two new options would be absolutely PERFECT for me (and I suspect a few others as well).