Finding fans and temp sensors (Corsair Link Commander Pro + H115i Pro)

philhu

Hey,  I built a sensor panel for my new i9-7900k super machine   :)

It has 2 mb connected temp thermisters.  AIDA name s them temperature 1 and 2

I have 4 more on my Corsair commander pro.  Aida names them Temperature 1,2,3,4

Can the names for these be set by AIDA in aida sensor names?   Id like for the top, something more descriptive, like:   MB Temp Sensor 1

and for the second set, something describing the connector, maybe taken from the usb hub device name like:  CCNP Temp Sensor 1 or H115Pro Temp Sensor

Now, the fans are a different story, and should do the same, like the mb ones should be like:  MB Sysfan 2,  MB CPU Fan, MB CPU Opt, etc

and the corsair ones like: CCNP Fan 1,  H115Pro Pump Fan,  H115Pro Radiator Fan

Right now, it is virtually impossible to determine which fan is what item,  my fans show up as a hodge podge of names, like

Fan 2,15,22,23,31

no, you misunderstand.

The names that AIDA64 sets them too are NOT intuitive and it is nearly impossible to understand what device/fan/thermistor is which number.  Also, AIDA sees 6 thermometers on corsair.  There are 4 on the commander pro and I assume 2 more for the H115Pro, which is which?  I am assuming the first 4 are the thermisters connected to the commander pro, but nothing to verify that.

The thermisters are always Thermometer 1-x

The fans user seemingly random names when plugged into a corsair.  The name prepended with the usb device would be easier

You have to manually find out what name in AIDA each physical sensor has. The easiest would be to disconnect one sensor and restart AIDA. If Temperature #3 is missing you know that the one you disconnected is Temp #3. Reconnect it, restart AIDA and rename Temperature #3 to something you like. Do the same with the remaining sensors.

We had to do such things for ages before mainboards got plenty of fan headers with names printed next to the connector.

1 hour ago, philhu said:

no, you misunderstand.

The names that AIDA64 sets them too are NOT intuitive and it is nearly impossible to understand what device/fan/thermistor is which number.  Also, AIDA sees 6 thermometers on corsair.  There are 4 on the commander pro and I assume 2 more for the H115Pro, which is which?  I am assuming the first 4 are the thermisters connected to the commander pro, but nothing to verify that.

The thermisters are always Thermometer 1-x

The fans user seemingly random names when plugged into a corsair.  The name prepended with the usb device would be easier

On the Computer / Sensor page AIDA64 displays a hint (in brackets) for each such generic sensor readings.  We've put those hints to make it easier to figure out their assignments.