nvme temps?

Arctucas

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
Now, we feel like we have 2 SSD NVMe, it's boring :(

Having the 2 temperatures on the same line would be much better, better understandable

Please avoid posting a single issue into multiple topics.

4 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

I had not seen that having 2 SSD NVMe listed for temperatures was someone's request ;)

You've proposed in the following other topic that the 2 lines should be joined together:

And above you've proposed the same idea.

2 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
Yes, for that I said that I had not seen this post ;)
If you want to merge them

Okay, then I misunderstood your post.  No problem, no need to merge posts or topics.  We will however need to rethink some of the thermal measurement methods to make sure everyone is satisfied with the secondary NVMe temperature measurement and indication.

5 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Okay, then I misunderstood your post.  No problem, no need to merge posts or topics.  We will however need to rethink some of the thermal measurement methods to make sure everyone is satisfied with the secondary NVMe temperature measurement and indication.

Yes it's confused

I already have 5 people who indicated to me to have a bug with the last beta, that it indicated 2 SSD NVme and if I could trace the information.

I explained to them that it was the same SSD but 2 different temperatures
They came back to the previous version (like me)

2 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Yes it's confused

I already have 5 people who indicated to me to have a bug with the last beta, that it indicated 2 SSD NVme and if I could trace the information.

I explained to them that it was the same SSD but 2 different temperatures
They came back to the previous version (like me)

The problem is that when we display the 2 readings in the same line, it looks very crowded with both the Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we need to apply the Fahrenheit option (in Preferences / Hardware Monitoring) to the Sensor page as well.  But then the problem is that existing AIDA64 users are used to having both Celsius and Fahrenheit readings on the Sensor page, and they may not be able to quickly find the option to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we may need to add a new button to the toolbar to make that setting more visible to users.

15 minutes ago, Fiery said:

The problem is that when we display the 2 readings in the same line, it looks very crowded with both the Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we need to apply the Fahrenheit option (in Preferences / Hardware Monitoring) to the Sensor page as well.  But then the problem is that existing AIDA64 users are used to having both Celsius and Fahrenheit readings on the Sensor page, and they may not be able to quickly find the option to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we may need to add a new button to the toolbar to make that setting more visible to users.

Or to indicate in the changelog this new option ?
Those who use beta, read the changelog

Several people had asked me how to remove the indication °F, but I forgot to ask here :D

5 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Or to indicate in the changelog this new option ?
Those who use beta, read the changelog

Several people had asked me how to remove the indication °F, but I forgot to ask here :D

Noone but a few enthusiasts read the changelog.  And the change will be included in the next stable release as well, and its changelog doesn't cover all minor changes.  We'll see how users will cope with the new way the Sensor page would work.

12 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
Those who do not like it, will stay on an old version

That's not an option, since new versions bring other fixes, improvements and new features.  We need to make sure everyone is satisfied somehow.  Which is not easy when you have a popular software like AIDA64 :) 

48 minutes ago, Fiery said:

That's not an option, since new versions bring other fixes, improvements and new features.  We need to make sure everyone is satisfied somehow.  Which is not easy when you have a popular software like AIDA64 :) 

Yes it's clear :)

I always keep the version of Aida64 that suits me and I update if the new version suits me, otherwise I keep the old (same for others)
A lot of people ask me to indicate their "requests" on the forums (knowing that I am there)

And I saw a lot of people give up Aida64 to use SIV64 for example (customizable as they want and free) :(
For this I ask these new features for Aida64

I am a fan of Aida64 and I only use the Sensor page (like many, we do not want to have this information cluttering the desktop with the different options of the panel) :)

I am sure you will do your best to satisfy everyone (pity that not everyone comes to post their request) ;)

9 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
I am a fan of Aida64 and I only use the Sensor page (like many, we do not want to have this information cluttering the desktop with the different options of the panel) :)

It's still not clear to me why you cannot use the OSD Panel or SensorPanel instead of the Sensor page.  You can configure a hot-key to show/hide them anytime you want, so it wouldn't occupy any desktop space...

2 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It's still not clear to me why you cannot use the OSD Panel or SensorPanel instead of the Sensor page.  You can configure a hot-key to show/hide them anytime you want, so it wouldn't occupy any desktop space...

Except error on my part, to use this kind of features it is necessary that Aida64 is "launched" all the time ?

It's been a long time since I've tested