Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Arctucas

nvme temps?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tistou77 said:
Except error on my part, to use this kind of features it is necessary that Aida64 is "launched" all the time ?
 
It's been a long time since I've tested

You can either manually launch AIDA64, minimize it to the System Tray, and then you can use the hot-keys to show/hide OSD Panel or SensorPanel -- or you can configure AIDA64 to be automatically launched at Windows startup, as well as you can configure it to be started with its main window automatically minimized to the System Tray.

Either way, if you want to use the Sensor page, OSD Panel or SensorPanel features, AIDA64 first needs to be started somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fiery said:

You can either manually launch AIDA64, minimize it to the System Tray, and then you can use the hot-keys to show/hide OSD Panel or SensorPanel -- or you can configure AIDA64 to be automatically launched at Windows startup, as well as you can configure it to be started with its main window automatically minimized to the System Tray.

Either way, if you want to use the Sensor page, OSD Panel or SensorPanel features, AIDA64 first needs to be started somehow. 

Yes, that's why we do not use the OSD Panel, etc ... since we must first launch Aida64, we use the sensor page (faster)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
Yes, that's why we do not use the OSD Panel, etc ... since we must first launch Aida64, we use the sensor page (faster)

If you have the OSD Panel enabled, it is displayed quicker than if you first had to navigate to Computer, then Sensor... :)  If you don't have it enabled, then right-clicking on the AIDA64 System Tray icon --> Show OSD Panel will display the OSD Panel quickly.  And you can still use the hot-keys as well.

If you mean quickly glancing on sensor readings on a new system, then I agree, the Sensor page is great and superior to deep-customizing the OSD Panel or SensorPanel.  Then again, you seem to bring up conflicting issues and situations.  On one hand you're advocating for a deeper customization of the Sensor page -- but on the other hand you find it quicker to go to the Sensor page for a quick glancing on sensor readings.  If you need something quickly, customizing Sensor page, OSD Panel or SensorPanel are equally time consuming in my book.  If you have time to customize the Sensor page, then -- at least the way I see it -- you can spend that time on customizing the OSD Panel or SensorPanel instead.  Maybe I miss something, but I still cannot see the real use scenario where customizing the Sensor page is superior to making your own layout for OSD Panel or SensorPanel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fiery said:

If you have the OSD Panel enabled, it is displayed quicker than if you first had to navigate to Computer, then Sensor... :)  If you don't have it enabled, then right-clicking on the AIDA64 System Tray icon --> Show OSD Panel will display the OSD Panel quickly.  And you can still use the hot-keys as well.

If you mean quickly glancing on sensor readings on a new system, then I agree, the Sensor page is great and superior to deep-customizing the OSD Panel or SensorPanel.  Then again, you seem to bring up conflicting issues and situations.  On one hand you're advocating for a deeper customization of the Sensor page -- but on the other hand you find it quicker to go to the Sensor page for a quick glancing on sensor readings.  If you need something quickly, customizing Sensor page, OSD Panel or SensorPanel are equally time consuming in my book.  If you have time to customize the Sensor page, then -- at least the way I see it -- you can spend that time on customizing the OSD Panel or SensorPanel instead.  Maybe I miss something, but I still cannot see the real use scenario where customizing the Sensor page is superior to making your own layout for OSD Panel or SensorPanel.

In fact, I have always been used to the Sensor page (me and others), when we need it, we open Aida64, the Sensor are listed and separated by values (temperatures, voltages, etc ...) and we only have an open window.
With the OSD Panel, open Aida64 (reduce it if needed) and use keyboard shortcuts to open the OSD Panel, too long :P

For the customization of the Sensor page, we do it the first time and then we do not touch it anymore.
What I do with each new update, I edit the language file, replace the items "fans" by "Watercooling" to have the group Watercooling for water pumps, etc ... (and I share my file language) :D

Old habits are hard
 
Thanks ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
In fact, I have always been used to the Sensor page (me and others), when we need it, we open Aida64, the Sensor are listed and separated by values (temperatures, voltages, etc ...) and we only have an open window.
With the OSD Panel, open Aida64 (reduce it if needed) and use keyboard shortcuts to open the OSD Panel, too long :P

For the customization of the Sensor page, we do it the first time and then we do not touch it anymore.
What I do with each new update, I edit the language file, replace the items "fans" by "Watercooling" to have the group Watercooling for water pumps, etc ... (and I share my file language) :D

Old habits are hard
 
Thanks ;)

You can do that one-time customization of the sensor readings using any other module of AIDA64 :)  With SensorPanel you wouldn't have to hassle with editing the language module... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiery said:

You can do that one-time customization of the sensor readings using any other module of AIDA64 :)  With SensorPanel you wouldn't have to hassle with editing the language module... :) 

I tried to use Sensor Panel, but it soon "bothered me"
 
I do not think it's possible to have groups

In OSD all the values are mixed, and I did not want to "look for" the values I wanted
It should be "Move Up" or "Down" to sort each values :)

After that if there was an option for the Sensor Panel to open at the same time as Aida64, maybe I can get used to it but without certainty :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wanted to test the OSD, I gave up after 4 items, much too long to configure :P
I stay with the page Sensor and the old beta (like the others who had contacted me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tistou77 said:
I tried to use Sensor Panel, but it soon "bothered me"
 
I do not think it's possible to have groups

In OSD all the values are mixed, and I did not want to "look for" the values I wanted
It should be "Move Up" or "Down" to sort each values :)

After that if there was an option for the Sensor Panel to open at the same time as Aida64, maybe I can get used to it but without certainty :)

If you leave the SensorPanel open when you exit AIDA64, it will automatically open again when you start AIDA64 the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tistou77 said:
I wanted to test the OSD, I gave up after 4 items, much too long to configure :P
I stay with the page Sensor and the old beta (like the others who had contacted me)

I guess you're too old-school to hassle with the OSD Panel ;)   BTW, if you want to reset the order of items on the OSD Panel, you can do that by editing the AIDA64.INI file, and removing all lines that start with OSDItem_.  Make sure to _not_ have AIDA64 running while you edit the AIDA64.INI file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fiery said:

I guess you're too old-school to hassle with the OSD Panel ;)   BTW, if you want to reset the order of items on the OSD Panel, you can do that by editing the AIDA64.INI file, and removing all lines that start with OSDItem_.  Make sure to _not_ have AIDA64 running while you edit the AIDA64.INI file.

It is true that I have always been used to the page Sensor, which suits me
I will test for OSDItem_

Some asked me (and me too) if you will do this or not
 
23 hours ago, Fiery said:

The problem is that when we display the 2 readings in the same line, it looks very crowded with both the Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we need to apply the Fahrenheit option (in Preferences / Hardware Monitoring) to the Sensor page as well.  But then the problem is that existing AIDA64 users are used to having both Celsius and Fahrenheit readings on the Sensor page, and they may not be able to quickly find the option to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.  So we may need to add a new button to the toolbar to make that setting more visible to users. 

 
I told them that you were looking for a solution to satisfy everyone, to make them wait
 
Thanks ;)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
Some asked me (and me too) if you will do this or not

It's already done.  I'll send you a special beta build link email in a minute.  It would be awesome if you (you and your friends as well) could send us some feedbacks on how usable the joined lines are now for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It's already done.  I'll send you a special beta build link email in a minute.  It would be awesome if you (you and your friends as well) could send us some feedbacks on how usable the joined lines are now for you.

Thanks so much ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It's already done.  I'll send you a special beta build link email in a minute.  It would be awesome if you (you and your friends as well) could send us some feedbacks on how usable the joined lines are now for you.

 
It's great like that :wub:

You have added an option for those who would like to have the indication °F in addition to °C ?
Personally, it's very much like that and much more readable and understandable
 
Thanks so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tistou77 said:
 
It's great like that :wub:

You have added an option for those who would like to have the indication °F in addition to °C ?
Personally, it's very much like that and much more readable and understandable
 
Thanks so much

No toolbar button just yet.  You can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring, or via the right-click context menu on the Sensor page.

Thank you for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fiery said:

No toolbar button just yet.  You can switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring, or via the right-click context menu on the Sensor page.

Thank you for your feedback!

Ok thanks, it's good ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I am the one who requested this feature, so I am obviously biased, but I see ~4 to 8 C° difference in the two temperatures at idle on each of my 960EVO (RAID0), and as much as 25 C° difference, for example, when running a system virus scan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arctucas said:

I know I am the one who requested this feature, so I am obviously biased, but I see ~4 to 8 C° difference in the two temperatures at idle on each of my 960EVO (RAID0), and as much as 25 C° difference, for example, when running a system virus scan.

There is a sensor for the controller and a sensor for the processor (or something like that),
So normal that it is not the same temperatures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tistou77 said:
There is a sensor for the controller and a sensor for the processor (or something like that),
So normal that it is not the same temperatures

Which is why I requested the second temperature display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:56 AM, Fiery said:

It's already done.  I'll send you a special beta build link email in a minute.  It would be awesome if you (you and your friends as well) could send us some feedbacks on how usable the joined lines are now for you.

Here's the new public beta build that includes the improvements from the special beta build :)

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...