Power Supply Support in AIDA64

djg

17 hours ago, djg said:

I'm shopping for a new PS and would like it to be supported by AIDA64. Is it possible to get a list of PS manufacturers supported?

Thanks!

AIDA64 supports all PSUs.  If you mean such smart PSUs that can monitor their own voltages, temperatures and fan RPM, then all such PSU manufacturers offer products with or without such smart capabilities.  So it's not possible to tell for example that "AIDA64 supports monitoring of all Corsair PSUs", since not all Corsair PSUs have such advanced features.  AIDA64 basically has monitoring facilities for certain Corsair PSU, Enermax PSUs, Gigabyte PSUs, and Thermaltake PSUs.  If you happen to buy a PSU with smart capabilities that is currently unsupported by AIDA64, we can look into it and most likely we can implement support for it if you can help a bit about test runs ;)

Edit: Also, why it's difficult for us to provide you with a full list of smart PSU models supported by AIDA64 is because AIDA64 supports PSU protocols, and not actual PSU models or SKUs.  And even though I can say like "AIDA64 supports Corsair AXi, HXi and RMi Series of PSUs", the PSU protocols used by those PSUs may also be used in other PSU families of Corsair (or might be another manufacturer using the same protocol, although the chances are low).

Thank you, Fiery, the manufacturer name was all I was expecting, not the specific PSUs for all the reasons you mentioned :).

Do these "smart" PSUs require a USB or such cable to enable monitoring by AIDA64? I can't see any "smart" labeling or feature specification in any of the PSUs from those manufacturers except that Corsair provides its own monitor through USB.

Thanks again!

17 hours ago, djg said:

Thank you, Fiery, the manufacturer name was all I was expecting, not the specific PSUs for all the reasons you mentioned :).

Do these "smart" PSUs require a USB or such cable to enable monitoring by AIDA64? I can't see any "smart" labeling or feature specification in any of the PSUs from those manufacturers except that Corsair provides its own monitor through USB.

Thanks again!

All of the mentioned manufacturers use USB connection to provide readings to Windows software (either their own software or 3rd party software like AIDA64).  When a PSU features USB connecting capabilities, it's an almost 100% certain sign that it has smart monitoring capabilities.  And vice versa: if a PSU lacks USB connection, it most likely doesn't support any kind of monitoring features.  Also, it's best if you check reviews of the PSU you've picked online, and see if any of the reviews mention software monitoring capabilities.