AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Maident

Motherboard Fan Headers (Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master)

My motherboard has 6 fan headers and a CPU_OPT header.  AIDA64 reports 7 system fans (1 thru 7).  The CPU fan in AIDA64 is obviously the CPU_FAN header.  Similarly with the other AIDA64 system fan designations.  Can anyone confirm that the System #7 fan is actually the CPU_OPT header?

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Maident said:

My motherboard has 6 fan headers and a CPU_OPT header.  AIDA64 reports 7 system fans (1 thru 7).  The CPU fan in AIDA64 is obviously the CPU_FAN header.  Similarly with the other AIDA64 system fan designations.  Can anyone confirm that the System #7 fan is actually the CPU_OPT header?

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

On 12/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, fads said:

What is the name of your motherboard? Why don't you connect a fan to the CPU_OPT header and see?

Aorus z390 Master.  I use the CPU_OPT for the AIO cooler pump.  I have it set to run 100% all the time.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, Maident said:

Aorus z390 Master.  I use the CPU_OPT for the AIO cooler pump.  I have it set to run 100% all the time.

On Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Chassis #7 fan is CPU_OPT fan.  We'll fix the fan labels for your motherboard in the next AIDA64 beta update.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By vidalsh68
      Hi, sicne last two betas x299 MSI Meg doesn´t show correct fans values neither detect all fans.
      I don´t know if is one windows update issue too.
    • By Deckard
      Hi,
      All of the system fans are no longer appearing in the sensor page Using AIDA64 extreme 5.99.4944 Beta
      RAD 1 header
      RAD 2 Header
      Chassis fan
      I cannot remember when it happend,  just noticed another post and I checked mine. same problem

• By Maident
      While observing the System Stability Test, Statistics tab, I thought it would be nice if we could rename the Chassis fans to match their actual location.  This would make it easier to follow what each of the fans were up to.  This could be something added to preferences. i.e., rename cooling fans. 
    • By StackOverflow13
      MB= Asus Maximus V Extreme
      Bios Version 1501: OS= Win8 x64. Chasis fans are showing fine but OPT fans 1 & 2 Missing OPT Fan 3 is showing.
    • By ded32
      Hello,
      I noticed that on Asus Rampage IV Extreme, AIDA64 sometimes outputs "Thread creation error: Insufficient memory for this operation" and after that readings of OPT1, OPT3, Case 2 and PCH fans become 0.0 RPM (I have OPT2, Case 1 and Case 2 fans unconnected so cannot say anything about them). CPU fan and CPU OPT fan readings are still OK.
      If I relaunch AIDA64 (File - Exit - Run again), readings become OK, and sometimes later the problem repeats.
      I have to confess that I have ASUS Suite II installed (because and only because AIDA64 missed OPTx temp support on Asus R4E!). After installation of AIDA64 Beta, I stopped running it, but process explorer shows its modules loaded and running (FanControlHelper.exe etc). So this may be result of interaction of AIDA64 and ASUS' DLLs (http://forums.aida64...ndpost__p__5532). It's not a problem for me, I plan to uninstall ASUS software. Just leaving it now only to help you in testing
      AIDA64 version: 2.50.2075 Beta.
      P.S. Fiery, thanks a lot for your great work - from another R4E user
      Never remove R4E support from AIDA64! BTW, you already have Option/Stability settings, you may add Asus Suite II compatibility there...