Asus Rampage IV Extreme + AIDA64 + Asus AI Suite II: Thread creation error & wrong fan readings

ded32

Hello,

I noticed that on Asus Rampage IV Extreme, AIDA64 sometimes outputs "Thread creation error: Insufficient memory for this operation" and after that readings of OPT1, OPT3, Case 2 and PCH fans become 0.0 RPM (I have OPT2, Case 1 and Case 2 fans unconnected so cannot say anything about them). CPU fan and CPU OPT fan readings are still OK.

If I relaunch AIDA64 (File - Exit - Run again), readings become OK, and sometimes later the problem repeats.

I have to confess that I have ASUS Suite II installed (because and only because AIDA64 missed OPTx temp support on Asus R4E!). After installation of AIDA64 Beta, I stopped running it, but process explorer shows its modules loaded and running (FanControlHelper.exe etc). So this may be result of interaction of AIDA64 and ASUS' DLLs (http://forums.aida64...ndpost__p__5532). It's not a problem for me, I plan to uninstall ASUS software. Just leaving it now only to help you in testing :)

AIDA64 version: 2.50.2075 Beta.

P.S. Fiery, thanks a lot for your great work - from another R4E user :)

Never remove R4E support from AIDA64! :) BTW, you already have Option/Stability settings, you may add Asus Suite II compatibility there...

Thank you for the info. The current solution in AIDA64 v2.60 uses separate code path when AI Suite is installed and when it is not installed. In both cases AIDA64 is now able to read all temperature, fan speed and voltage values. So if you don't need AI Suite, then make sure to uninstall it. AIDA64 will then be able to utilize its low-level functions about Rampage IV, and there should be no thread creation issues. We'll also try to find out why the thread creation problem comes up when AI Suite is installed.

BTW, please note that even if you close AI Suite application, its low-level service still continues to be running. So to avoid any potential conflicts between AIDA64 and AI Suite, you need to completely uninstall AI Suite.

Regards,

Fiery

Thank you, Fiery.

I know about AI Suite modules, they can be seen in sysinternals' Process Explorer, for example.

If AIDA64 may produce debug logs (f.e. aida64.exe --secret-debug-mode-switch --debug-module=asusdll --verbose --destination=C:\Logs), and they may be useful for debugging, I can send them to you.

If AIDA64 may produce debug logs (f.e. aida64.exe --secret-debug-mode-switch --debug-module=asusdll --verbose --destination=C:\Logs), and they may be useful for debugging, I can send them to you.

There's no such debugging or logging facility in AIDA64 :)