vlad

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, vlad said:

A big hello to the developers, followed by a question:

Any chance to add LCD support for Elgato Stream Deck?

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck

That would be nice...

Do you mean you would like AIDA64 to allocate one out of the 15 LCD keys available and use it as an external LCD screen to display sensor info and such?  I'm not sure if there's anything more than that possible, like to use multiple keys together or separately by a single software.

It has been a week. I was curious if you can give me an answer, whatever is possible or not to implement this functionality?

I am hoping for a positive answer, because I like the Aida64 software and do not really want to install HW info

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, vlad said:

It has been a week. I was curious if you can give me an answer, whatever is possible or not to implement this functionality?

I am hoping for a positive answer, because I like the Aida64 software and do not really want to install HW info

Meanwhile we've ordered a Stream Deck device in order to help us develop support for it.  We're currently waiting for it to arrive.  I'll post the updates into this topic.

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

Meanwhile we've ordered a Stream Deck device in order to help us develop support for it.  We're currently waiting for it to arrive.  I'll post the updates into this topic.

Thank you for your efforts. I was hoping for good news. From what I have noticed in your case, no news is usually good news being a sign that you are looking into the matter. I am convinced that you will do a great job exploiting the potential of this device.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, vlad said:

Thank you for your efforts. I was hoping for good news. From what I have noticed in your case, no news is usually good news being a sign that you are looking into the matter. I am convinced that you will do a great job exploiting the potential of this device.

Please let me know in which mode would you prefer to use Stream Deck with AIDA64:

1) Just like with HWiNFO, it may be possible for us to come up with a Stream Deck plugin.  In this mode you can use other apps/plugins together with AIDA64, so this would be the most flexible way if you would like to use the Stream Deck software.

2) AIDA64 could take over the whole device and use the 5x3 display matrix as a single (combined) big external display device to let you display any layout you build using the AIDA64 LCD module.

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

Please let me know in which mode would you prefer to use Stream Deck with AIDA64:

1) Just like with HWiNFO, it may be possible for us to come up with a Stream Deck plugin.  In this mode you can use other apps/plugins together with AIDA64, so this would be the most flexible way if you would like to use the Stream Deck software.

2) AIDA64 could take over the whole device and use the 5x3 display matrix as a single (combined) big external display device to let you display any layout you build using the AIDA64 LCD module.

I think that option 1 (Just like with HWiNFO) makes the most sense. You can display any value that you need, without blocking the device. The intended use scenario is having a subfolder with the sensors, while keeping the rest of the buttons for other functions. Perhaps CPU and GPU visible in all the other shortcut folders to always have a general view of the most important stats, no matter what I do.

Thank you for moving so fast with this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, vlad said:

I was curious: how are things going with the implementation of the requested feature?

Not quite well, since coming up with a plugin from scratch is quite the work.  And we wouldn't want to copy the existing plugin for HWiNFO to not violate the IP of its developer.  We did try to contact him on GitHub, but no response yet.

It would be much easier to go with option #2, but I understand that you would prefer to use multiple applications in the same time for your Stream Deck instead of AIDA64 taking over the whole device.

On 12/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, Fiery said:

Not quite well, since coming up with a plugin from scratch is quite the work.  And we wouldn't want to copy the existing plugin for HWiNFO to not violate the IP of its developer.  We did try to contact him on GitHub, but no response yet.

Well, I wish I could help with that... But I can`t. I will be patient. Thank you for your efforts!

On 11/18/2019 at 5:19 AM, Fiery said:

If you decide to go with that, please don't forget that there are also 3x2 and 8x4 versions of the elgato streamdeck out there. I don't know if that would make any difference on those.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, Backslash said:

If you decide to go with that, please don't forget that there are also 3x2 and 8x4 versions of the elgato streamdeck out there. I don't know if that would make any difference on those.

Yes, we're aware of that.  There're also 2 different versions of Stream Deck Original, and 2 different image formats they expect to receive from the host.  So -- quite frankly -- it's not as easy as I assumed :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 6:52 AM, vlad said:

Any progress?

Yes, we've managed to add support for all 4 versions (Original v1, Original v2, Mini, XL) of the Elgato Stream Deck device in the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please note that it's only the first step (hopefully in the right direction).  It will only use the bottom-right (last) button as a LCD screen.  But the good news is that it should work fine even when you're using the other buttons for other purposes via the Stream Deck software.  Let me know how it works for you.

On 2/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, Fiery said:

Yes, we've managed to add support for all 4 versions (Original v1, Original v2, Mini, XL) of the Elgato Stream Deck device in the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please note that it's only the first step (hopefully in the right direction).  It will only use the bottom-right (last) button as a LCD screen.  But the good news is that it should work fine even when you're using the other buttons for other purposes via the Stream Deck software.  Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you for putting in the effort to implement this feature. It works great. Only one thing that I don`t know if you are aware: it does not know of the folder structure of the device ( meaning that it is always there, no matter if you are in the first screen or in a subfolder of functions). Interesting fact: even if it is placed over a uised buton, it only overrides the graphic and not the function. The button can still be pressed and works as configured.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 2:47 PM, vlad said:

Thank you for putting in the effort to implement this feature. It works great. Only one thing that I don`t know if you are aware: it does not know of the folder structure of the device ( meaning that it is always there, no matter if you are in the first screen or in a subfolder of functions). Interesting fact: even if it is placed over a uised buton, it only overrides the graphic and not the function. The button can still be pressed and works as configured.

Thank you for your feedback.  Yes, we're aware of those pecularities.  AIDA64 simply pushes the image onto the device to the pre-defined key, without taking into account any interference or any other processes simultaneously accessing the device.  As long as the other process (Stream Deck Software) doesn't alter the key that AIDA64 updates, they should work well together.

36 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Thank you for your feedback.  Yes, we're aware of those pecularities.

It is normal for wip. I  don`t do much coding except for occasional scripting, but even that can get... intense. Writing a plugin from scratch is no easy task. I think you did a great job so far. 

I like the fact that you can still use a button, even if it is controlled by Aida64. I can see the potential: having a graph for say, total CPU usage and when you press the button, you get a full (6,15,32 whatever Elgato you use) of details, like per CPU usage, power usage, thermals...

Keep up the good work. I think you provide great customer support.

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

It is normal for wip. I  don`t do much coding except for occasional scripting, but even that can get... intense. Writing a plugin from scratch is no easy task. I think you did a great job so far. 

I like the fact that you can still use a button, even if it is controlled by Aida64. I can see the potential: having a graph for say, total CPU usage and when you press the button, you get a full (6,15,32 whatever Elgato you use) of details, like per CPU usage, power usage, thermals...

Keep up the good work. I think you provide great customer support.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Latest updates lists support for Elgato Stream Deck. Although I understand, at least partially, the difficulties of adding this feature and therefore willing to be patient with its implementation, I can not say that the actual state of development merits the name of "support for Elgato Stream Deck"...

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:11 PM, vlad said:

Latest updates lists support for Elgato Stream Deck. Although I understand, at least partially, the difficulties of adding this feature and therefore willing to be patient with its implementation, I can not say that the actual state of development merits the name of "support for Elgato Stream Deck"...

IMHO the current solution is already way more useful than having no support for Stream Deck :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 1:27 PM, Fiery said:

IMHO the current solution is already way more useful than having no support for Stream Deck

Not to rain on anyone parade, as the saying goes, but this is pretty much useless for any practical purposes. Having no option to choose the button to use and having an animated status icon that is "folder structure agnostic" and therefore always showing no matter in what subfolder I am forces me to give up one of the 15 keys that I have in exchange for 1 system status. Not good at all. The plugin that I have mentioned at the beginning of this post (totally free and depending on an app that is also totally free) gives the user full control.

I did not liked that option because it meant installing yet another system monitoring app to run alongside Aida64. Giving the current status of development for this feature in Aida64, it seems that I am forced to do that, if I want to use my Stream Deck for system monitoring.

Hope you will make progress in the future with the development of this feature, so people will not have to use this unfortunate workaround. Well... nobody can do everything, so I can`t say that I blame you for not making a priority out of this request...

So, what can I wish you? Happy coding? Ok, happy coding and a nice day onward!

7 minutes ago, vlad said:

Not to rain on anyone parade, as the saying goes, but this is pretty much useless for any practical purposes. Having no option to choose the button to use and having an animated status icon that is "folder structure agnostic" and therefore always showing no matter in what subfolder I am forces me to give up one of the 15 keys that I have in exchange for 1 system status. Not good at all. The plugin that I have mentioned at the beginning of this post (totally free and depending on an app that is also totally free) gives the user full control.

I did not liked that option because it meant installing yet another system monitoring app to run alongside Aida64. Giving the current status of development for this feature in Aida64, it seems that I am forced to do that, if I want to use my Stream Deck for system monitoring.

Hope you will make progress in the future with the development of this feature, so people will not have to use this unfortunate workaround. Well... nobody can do everything, so I can`t say that I blame you for not making a priority out of this request...

So, what can I wish you? Happy coding? Ok, happy coding and a nice day onward!

Thank you.  Quite frankly, I wish we had the time and resources to develop a Stream Deck plugin for AIDA64 from scratch.  But in the current situation I cannot make any promises about it.  So it's either the current solution or taking over the whole device -- but none of those seems to be 100% suitable for your requirements.

• 10 months later...

I would love this.

For 10 years I've routinely checked my keyboard's LCD to see my PC's current CPU load, FPS, RAM level, etc. It's a fantastically useful convenience. But my keyboard is dying and I've had to replace it with a non-LCD keyboard. :(

If I could put some of the info on my Stream Decks, it would at least make my withdrawal symptoms less painful :D