APC UPS battery voltage and power draw measurement

Arctucas

Yes, I saw that and wondered if it was not possible to make it appear in the OSD and Sensor Panel as well?

Thanks

EDIT:

I have found that an application called SIW can also display the amount of power (in Watts) being drawn through the UPS.

Would it also be possible to add that reading?

Thanks again

Yes, I saw that and wondered if it was not possible to make it appear in the OSD and Sensor Panel as well?

We'll work on it ;)

I have found that an application called SIW can also display the amount of power (in Watts) being drawn through the UPS.

Would it also be possible to add that reading?

Do you mean the Discharge Rate that is already reported in AIDA64 / Computer / Power Management page?

If you mean something else, then please show us on a SIW screen shot if possible ;)

@Fiery,

Thanks.

Is the Discharge rate supposed to be on this page?

AIDA64powerpage.jpg

Here is a snip of SIW (2011 build 0707). The columns are, left to right, Value Min Max.

The readings appear to be close to what is displayed on the UPS LCD screen, so I would guess they are fairly accurate?

SIWPSU.jpg

Any other information I can provide to help, please ask.

Thanks again.

As a first step, we've added Battery Voltage to the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64, also to the hardware monitoring module (OSD Panel, Sidebar Gadget, SensorPanel, etc). Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...14gcn7wyrhdzzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works. We'll also work on the UPS power readout, which apparently is specific to APC UPSes, hence it cannot be done via the standard Windows Smart Battery API...

• 2 months later...

I have an APC ups as well,

I dont seem to be showing any battertinfo via the power page in Aida64

Any progess on athe APC API?

Realtime power draw would be killer for my g19 while gaming to see how nasty my electric bill will be.

Not all APC UPSes are capable of providing power draw measurement. Back-UPS RS and Back-UPS Pro Series should be able to provide that. Which APC UPS do you have?

We're already working on the APC API. It will take a few more days to properly implement and test it.

Thank you for the screen shot. We've implemented power draw and battery voltage measurement for APC HID UPS devices in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.co...07m7bnd8glcszip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

APC PowerChute application can disable the classic Windows Smart Battery API. In such case AIDA64 will show no battery info on the Computer / Power Management page. We're already working on a solution for that, by utilizing the APC HID API to gather battery properties. Meanwhile, you can see the battery voltage and battery power load measurements on the Computer / Sensor page.

We've implemented generic HID UPS support, and extended the battery information on the Computer / Power Management page using HID calls. We've also added quite a few new readings, like Battery Input Voltage, Battery Output Voltage, Battery Output Current, Battery Output Power, etc. Please note that not all those readings are available on a UPS. The most readings are supported by such higher-end models as APC Smart-UPS Series.

Make sure to upgrade to the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.co...12y4qdz2gtxvzip

Let me know how it works ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

• 3 weeks later...

Tending towards the dumb, I believe i am qualified to ask a dumb question.

Should I be able to show "Power State" and "Estimated Battery Time" on my SensorPanel display?

Currently those items not available for OSD Panel or SensorPanel. We'll work on that, and as soon as there's an update, we'll post it into this topic.

Meanwhile, can you please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> Battery Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic. We'd like to check whether more sensor readings may be available for your UPS that we should implement.

Thanks,

Fiery