EVEREST upgrade

myarmor

So I noticed you've change the name of the product.

No notification was given (so there was no free upgrade path due to no way of knowing

about the "free conversion campaign") and I've still got over a year left on the license

due to the campaign you ran last year.

So much for that....

I can't say I'm very pleased however due to the above.

Everest was a good product, but if the company starts pulling fast ones (as it seems to me)

then I guess I'm better without.

I guess I have to swallow my loss (upgrades to the product) and move on.

-- Trust isn't easily gained, but it is easily lost.

• Like 1

We (FinalWire) had a very long and exhaustive negotiations with Lavalys, basically since we left Lavalys in September. When we rolled out AIDA64 in early October, we had no chance of using Lavalys corporate data, hence we couldn't notify all EVEREST customers about the upcoming transition. And back then, we weren't even sure how the transition would go, and whether anyone gets hurt in the process, e.g. us, Lavalys, or any EVEREST customers.

The good news is, we managed to close the negotiations with Lavalys with 100% success yesterday, and now FinalWire owns all Lavalys assets, incl. the internet domains, the technologies, the products, corporate data, customers data, etc. We have also got full authorizations to take over EVEREST customer base of course, to support them, and to make sure they can fully exploit the support & maintenance period they paid for. I can assure you, noone will be left behind!

As for your case, we'll offer you and every other users who has an active EVEREST license [active license means the maintenance period is not yet expired] a chance to migrate (upgrade) to AIDA64 free of charge, and so continue getting free technical support and free software updates for the time left from the maintenance period of their EVEREST license. We'll also provide a chance to purchase an AIDA64 upgrade license for those with an EVEREST license that is not active anymore, ie. a license with an expired maintenance period. An AIDA64 upgrade license will of course be cheaper than a full, brand new AIDA64 license.

We'll have to do some "house-cleaning" about the Lavalys acquisition this weekend, and also change our website (http://www.aida64.com) to make sure it can perform the migration of EVEREST customers to AIDA64 flawlessly (e.g. implement AIDA64 upgrade license in our Online Store, perform upgrade procedure, etc). We are planning to officially announce the whole thing in 1 or 2 days from today. We'll also send out a message about the transition to all EVEREST customers, and everyone who was subscribed to the EVEREST Newsletter as well.

I hope this clarification will be adequate to reassure you that we're still here for you, and we will make sure you won't have to "swallow" anything ;)

Regards,

Fiery

We (FinalWire) had a very long and exhaustive negotiations with Lavalys, basically since we left Lavalys in September. When we rolled out AIDA64 in early October, we had no chance of using Lavalys corporate data, hence we couldn't notify all EVEREST customers about the upcoming transition. And back then, we weren't even sure how the transition would go, and whether anyone gets hurt in the process, e.g. us, Lavalys, or any EVEREST customers.

The good news is, we managed to close the negotiations with Lavalys with 100% success yesterday, and now FinalWire owns all Lavalys assets, incl. the internet domains, the technologies, the products, corporate data, customers data, etc. We have also got full authorizations to take over EVEREST customer base of course, to support them, and to make sure they can fully exploit the support & maintenance period they paid for. I can assure you, noone will be left behind!

As for your case, we'll offer you and every other users who has an active EVEREST license [active license means the maintenance period is not yet expired] a chance to migrate (upgrade) to AIDA64 free of charge, and so continue getting free technical support and free software updates for the time left from the maintenance period of their EVEREST license. We'll also provide a chance to purchase an AIDA64 upgrade license for those with an EVEREST license that is not active anymore, ie. a license with an expired maintenance period. An AIDA64 upgrade license will of course be cheaper than a full, brand new AIDA64 license.

We'll have to do some "house-cleaning" about the Lavalys acquisition this weekend, and also change our website () to make sure it can perform the migration of EVEREST customers to AIDA64 flawlessly (e.g. implement AIDA64 upgrade license in our Online Store, perform upgrade procedure, etc). We are planning to officially announce the whole thing in 1 or 2 days from today. We'll also send out a message about the transition to all EVEREST customers, and everyone who was subscribed to the EVEREST Newsletter as well.

I hope this clarification will be adequate to reassure you that we're still here for you, and we will make sure you won't have to "swallow" anything ;)

Regards,

Fiery

This sounds rather good, and is more in line with what I'm expecting from you (as it is you in particular I've dealt with when I had issues etc). :)

Is there/will there be a webpage or something where I can easily convert it?

I guess this post might have been an overreaction from my side, but as it pointed to an issue which might have been overseen, maybe it was just as well.

Regards

There will be a page on www.aida64.com where all existing EVEREST owners will be able to convert their existing product key. As soon as it is available we'll push this information everywhere we can.

This sounds rather good, and is more in line with what I'm expecting from you (as it is you in particular I've dealt with when I had issues etc). ;)

Is there/will there be a webpage or something where I can easily convert it?

I guess this post might have been an overreaction from my side, but as it pointed to an issue which might have been overseen, maybe it was just as well.

Regards

We have just published our online EVEREST upgrade system, and also the press release about the recent events concerning Lavalys and EVEREST:

http://www.aida64.com/news/finalwire-acquires-and-discontinues-everest

http://www.aida64.com/everest-upgrade

Let us know here in this topic if you have any concerns or questions about the upgrade procedure.

We have just published our online EVEREST upgrade system, and also the press release about the recent events concerning Lavalys and EVEREST:

Let us know here in this topic if you have any concerns or questions about the upgrade procedure.

Just to report back.

Well, I did get a key, although it doesn't seem to activate 1.20.1150 nor 1.20.1155 (OK button is and stays disabled).

I did send a support request regarding this though.

Btw, the email I got with the key didn't mention anything about maintenance period.

Just to report back.

Well, I did get a key, although it doesn't seem to activate 1.20.1150 nor 1.20.1155 (OK button is and stays disabled).

I did send a support request regarding this though.

Btw, the email I got with the key didn't mention anything about maintenance period.

Thank you for the bug report. We need to release a new AIDA64 beta to fix that up. Stay tuned, it will be posted in our Downloads section in an hour or so.

Thank you for the bug report. We need to release a new AIDA64 beta to fix that up. Stay tuned, it will be posted in our Downloads section in an hour or so.

Nice. Btw, will the new license have the same maintenance period as the key it is derived from? In my case 10.11.2011

AIDA64 Beta Build 1158 is out:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let us know if it still refuses to accept your AIDA64 product key.

Thanks,

Fiery

Apparently this was a success.. Updates until 10.11.2011.

So I guess it means all major and minor versions until then. Nice, and thanks for the assistance. :)

Looks my timing was poor.

I purchased Everest Ultimate Edition on 10/08/2010. License "No Expiry." Updates until: 10/9/2011.

How can I find my Everest key so that I can switch over to AIDA64?

Right after your Everest purchase you should have received an email with your Everest product key. If you cannot find that email, then please contact our Licensing Department at:

upgrade AT aida64.com (replace AT with @)

In your email make sure to indicate your full name and the date of purchase.

Right after your Everest purchase you should have received an email with your Everest product key. If you cannot find that email, then please contact our Licensing Department at:

In your email make sure to indicate your full name and the date of purchase.

Thank you. I will send that email.

Just to chime in, I converted from Everest Ultimate to AIDA64 without any problem. I supplied my recently renewed license key and FinalWire sent the new AIDA key within a few minutes. Everything seems to be working and the AIDA64 Win7 gadget is reporting my system's status as Everest did.

It is ironic that I am back to AIDA, which is what I was using before Lavalys Everest took over (yes... I have been a long fan of Fiery's efforts ;-)

We (FinalWire) had a very long and exhaustive negotiations with Lavalys... We ... got full authorizations to take over EVEREST customer base of course, to support them, and to make sure they can fully exploit the support & maintenance period they paid for. I can assure you, noone will be left behind!

Thanks for all your hard work and making this a remarkably smooth transition from Everest to AIDA64. I successfully converted yesterday.

FYI: I experienced a slight anomaly after entering registration info on the license conversion webpage. The form remained stuck at "waiting..." status for several minutes (maybe heavy traffic?). I stopped the browser and tried entering the info again. This time the form returned an "attack" warning indicating an attempt to use the same registry key twice. OK, this wasn't very friendly message, but it made me realize my info had probably been received. Shortly after that, I saw the email with new license key so everything is good now.

• 5 months later...

hi,

the upgrade key is not valid for v1.70? thats right?

regards...

I'm not sure what is your existing license, so I cannot give you a definitive answer now. It would be best if you could contact our Licensing Department at:

In your email make sure to indicate your full name, the date of purchase, and your existing product key(s).

• 2 years later...
  • Fiery unpinned this topic