Share your Sensorpanels

Mice007

14 hours ago, Stephan said:

Is this possible in 800 x 1280 or 768 x 1024, it looks awesome

Hi Stephan,

Here is the original sized background (1080x1920) so you can scale to the size you want, every other piece is a seperate item so you can move all the other parts into places where you want them.

Rocket.jpg

1 hour ago, Alpharius68 said:

Hi Stephan,

Here is the original sized background (1080x1920) so you can scale to the size you want, every other piece is a seperate item so you can move all the other parts into places where you want them.

Rocket.jpg

Thank you, i will going to work with it

23 hours ago, Pneuma22 said:

Just a tip actual vfx software(software made for animations) is much better for shape manipulation. Anyone who says different has no idea what they are talking about. All adobe software can be trialed for 1 month no issues and if you like it go on aliexpress or ebay and buy a year for a few dollars. Its that simple and it costs less than 5$. You really cant beat it. You can get the master collection for 20$ or less so yeah it may be possible to do in GIMP or an online photoshop but its not going to be easy thats for sure as those software werent designed with animation or moving shapes images etc in mind. They were designed to edit stills, even if they do have gif editing capabilites. So after effects or sony vegas these "loading rounds" that are extremely extravagant can be created and rendered inside of 5 minutes. Just b/c its what the software was built to do. 

OK, but I still need tutorial.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arctucas said:

OK, but I still need tutorial.

Ok that I can help with, one sec. This is a general round loading round tutorial in after effects:

https://www.google.com/search?q=loading+progress+round+after+effects+tutorial&ei=56uGYdioOJjNytMPlZO1qAg&oq=loading+progress+round+after+effects+tutorial&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEM0COgcIABBHELADSgQIQRgAUMAIWMAIYKISaAFwAngAgAFDiAFDkgEBMZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiYuM7kkoT0AhWYpnIEHZVJDYUQ4dUDCA4&uact=5#kpvalbx=_76uGYeK0N_6DytMP3IeLGA24

One little tip for tutorials always make them your own: your own colors your own sizes shapes etc just so it doesnt look like that exact tutorial which if you look closer is how many many of these sensorpanels on these forums were made using this exacxt tutorial b/c the people that did the tutorial didnt change anything about the loading round so it literally looks identical to some of the rounds i've seen on here recently aside from maybe the colors. So just try and make it yours when you do it otherwise its going to look like you copied someone elses sensorpanel on here even though they also copied that tutorial lol...

This is a tutorial for a progress loading bar in after effects... https://www.google.com/search?q=loading+progress+rounds+after+effects+tutorial&oq=loading+progress+rounds+after+effects+tutorial&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i299.7787j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_56uGYdioOJjNytMPlZO1qAg31

These two are generally what youre going to see in most setups unless they do a really detailed animation with multiple moving parts which is absolutely not easy inside of 15 frames which is why you rarely see anything else but these lol.

You may also need this just for learning basic keyframes, which is literally sort of how ae or vegas animation works.https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+set+keyframes+in+after+effects&oq=how+to+set+keyframes+in+&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j69i57j0i512l8.3255j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you need any help with the rendering settings I can come back and post a tutorial for that also if you need it, or you can look up how to render in after effects with png sequence.

23 hours ago, Jon Evans said:

Really happy with this :-)

IMG_20211105_171557.jpg

IMG_20211105_171536.jpg

John please show us how you mounted it to your monitor thats what I want to see? It looks incredibly clean and like you ran all the cable on the back of the screen? Can you take a shot from the back of your setup for us? It looks sick and in the one image it almost looks like there is some sort of arm device under it but i think that may just be something behind it that is sort of taking that shape even though its not which is why I ask? Oh and if that isn't the case how did you get it secured to the side of your screen bezel like that?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pneuma22 said:

Ok that I can help with, one sec. This is a general round loading round tutorial in after effects:

https://www.google.com/search?q=loading+progress+round+after+effects+tutorial&ei=56uGYdioOJjNytMPlZO1qAg&oq=loading+progress+round+after+effects+tutorial&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEM0COgcIABBHELADSgQIQRgAUMAIWMAIYKISaAFwAngAgAFDiAFDkgEBMZgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiYuM7kkoT0AhWYpnIEHZVJDYUQ4dUDCA4&uact=5#kpvalbx=_76uGYeK0N_6DytMP3IeLGA24

One little tip for tutorials always make them your own: your own colors your own sizes shapes etc just so it doesnt look like that exact tutorial which if you look closer is how many many of these sensorpanels on these forums were made using this exacxt tutorial b/c the people that did the tutorial didnt change anything about the loading round so it literally looks identical to some of the rounds i've seen on here recently aside from maybe the colors. So just try and make it yours when you do it otherwise its going to look like you copied someone elses sensorpanel on here even though they also copied that tutorial lol...

This is a tutorial for a progress loading bar in after effects... https://www.google.com/search?q=loading+progress+rounds+after+effects+tutorial&oq=loading+progress+rounds+after+effects+tutorial&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i299.7787j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_56uGYdioOJjNytMPlZO1qAg31

These two are generally what youre going to see in most setups unless they do a really detailed animation with multiple moving parts which is absolutely not easy inside of 15 frames which is why you rarely see anything else but these lol.

You may also need this just for learning basic keyframes, which is literally sort of how ae or vegas animation works.https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+set+keyframes+in+after+effects&oq=how+to+set+keyframes+in+&aqs=chrome.0.0i512j69i57j0i512l8.3255j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you need any help with the rendering settings I can come back and post a tutorial for that also if you need it, or you can look up how to render in after effects with png sequence.

Thanks. That is a bit overwhelming, though.

A bit more than I can do, I am afraid, never learned any of the programming.

I just need a quick and dirty way to create a 150° arc (or would it be 160°?), divide it into 15 segments of 10°, colorize each segment, save each as .png file (with one transparent outline only for zero state) for a total of 16 .png files to replace stock gauges.

Probably not doable for me, given my lack of skill.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pneuma22 said:

John please show us how you mounted it to your monitor thats what I want to see? It looks incredibly clean and like you ran all the cable on the back of the screen? Can you take a shot from the back of your setup for us? It looks sick and in the one image it almost looks like there is some sort of arm device under it but i think that may just be something behind it that is sort of taking that shape even though its not which is why I ask? Oh and if that isn't the case how did you get it secured to the side of your screen bezel like that?

I'll post some pics tomorrow but don't expect to be impressed!

It's mounted with some metal strips I had and duct tape. Looks cool from the front and you cannot see the back :-)

7 hours ago, Jon Evans said:

I'll post some pics tomorrow but don't expect to be impressed!

It's mounted with some metal strips I had and duct tape. Looks cool from the front and you cannot see the back :-)

I said it wasnt pretty!

Originally was just to test but the panel is so light, its not going anywhere so may as well stay :-)

IMG_20211107_054626.jpg

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Jon Evans said:

I said it wasnt pretty!

Originally was just to test but the panel is so light, its not going anywhere so may as well stay :-)

IMG_20211107_054626.jpg

This is awesome in so many ways.....it's it terrible?  Yes.  It's it bordering on terrifying?  Yes.  Does it get the job done?  Yup!  Can you even tell this Frankenstein's Monster exists from the front?  Nope.  Perfect.  I butchered a rear port cover to run my cables through.  From a distance, it looks fine, then you get closer and realize the disaster.  My panel was mounted with velcro strips that won't last again the heat and humidity of where I live...but once the case it put back together you'll never know.  It's the ingenuity of PC builders that make us such awesome little problem solvers.  Mate, you rock the hell out of that tape, because it worked great!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/5/2021 at 7:34 AM, Alpharius68 said:

Hi all,

I  discovered the whole senosor panel thing about a week ago and have become totally hooked, thanks to the inspiration on this forum.

There many elements created by others on here in my first attempt, so most of the credit needs to go to those creators and I want to thank all the people who posted parts for other people to use. Following their lead, here is my panel for others to use if they want.

Fonts are Guardians and Geforce.

image.png

Rocket_600x1024.sensorpanel 1.9 MB · 11 downloads guardians.zip 3.27 kB · 8 downloads

Geforce.zip 143.06 kB · 9 downloads

I did a Fallout Brotherhood Of Steele variant based on @Alpharius68 panel you can see here

Download with font here I've run out of room here and cannot seem to delete older files for some reason. All credit to @Alpharius68 enjoy!

5 hours ago, Leprecon.VV said:

This is awesome in so many ways.....it's it terrible?  Yes.  It's it bordering on terrifying?  Yes.  Does it get the job done?  Yup!  Can you even tell this Frankenstein's Monster exists from the front?  Nope.  Perfect.  I butchered a rear port cover to run my cables through.  From a distance, it looks fine, then you get closer and realize the disaster.  My panel was mounted with velcro strips that won't last again the heat and humidity of where I live...but once the case it put back together you'll never know.  It's the ingenuity of PC builders that make us such awesome little problem solvers.  Mate, you rock the hell out of that tape, because it worked great!

I have a similar hidden monstrosity. Here is my case, and then the power supply hidden outside the case bolted to my desk.

250999788_653471152307418_5552704160076476948_n.jpg

253715802_433578604799030_2468542812405957839_n.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1