Intel RST v10xx & Aida64 1.5

Fyew-jit-tiv

I seem to be having a problem when running RST v10 And aida64 1.50. After comp has been running for about 10 mins one of my CPU cores get stuck on 100%. If i remove Aida64 the problem goes away. If i install Aida64 1.20 with RST v10 No problems with CPU Maxing out. If i run Aida 1.50 with RST v9xx No problems with CPU Maxing out.

I may go back to Aida 1.2 as 1.5 is not sitting right on my system.

It's rather weird, since nothing has been changed about the Intel RAID handling between AIDA64 v1.20 and AIDA64 v1.50. Please try to disable SMART handling in AIDA64 v1.50 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes. Let me know if it helps to avoid the CPU hogging issue.

BTW, what motherboard do you have, and what Windows version are you running?

Thanks,

Fiery

It's rather weird, since nothing has been changed about the Intel RAID handling between AIDA64 v1.20 and AIDA64 v1.50. Please try to disable SMART handling in AIDA64 v1.50 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes. Let me know if it helps to avoid the CPU hogging issue.

BTW, what motherboard do you have, and what Windows version are you running?

Thanks,

Fiery

Hi, Im running Win7 HP with Asus P6X58D-E, I will try disabling low level smart handling and report back.

Update: by doing so will kill readings of HHD's temps.

Thank you for performing the test. I suppose Intel Rapid Storage drivers will need to get a few iterations to mature, since other users also reported issues like you did, and it also seems to be a fault of the Intel RAID drivers :) We've been told that Intel is already working on RST v11, so let's hope they can finish it up in a few weeks.

I have a question on the RST 10 version or any version. I don't have a RAID setup but use it for AHCI only, since I have 2 Western Digital Veliciraptors. Fyew-jit-tiv, when you talk about running RST 10 do you mean with a RAID setup or just having the program open for info? Since I have AHCI and no RAID I'm sure this doesn't apply to me. Thanks.

Thank you for performing the test. I suppose Intel Rapid Storage drivers will need to get a few iterations to mature, since other users also reported issues like you did, and it also seems to be a fault of the Intel RAID drivers :( We've been told that Intel is already working on RST v11, so let's hope they can finish it up in a few weeks.

I hope I'm wrong, but the time between versions 9 and 10 was almost 9 months.

I have a question on the RST 10 version or any version. I don't have a RAID setup but use it for AHCI only, since I have 2 Western Digital Veliciraptors. Fyew-jit-tiv, when you talk about running RST 10 do you mean with a RAID setup or just having the program open for info? Since I have AHCI and no RAID I'm sure this doesn't apply to me. Thanks.

Hi Sora,

Im using RST with raid0 x 2. I have gone back to using RST v9xx for now thou. Not had a chance to test v10xx with a non raid config neither but i'm guessing you should be ok.

Hi Sora,

Im using RST with raid0 x 2. I have gone back to using RST v9xx for now thou. Not had a chance to test v10xx with a non raid config neither but i'm guessing you should be ok.

Ok I opened RST 10 using only AHCI without RAID and no cores got stuck, so that issue must be with RAID only. Thanks Fyew-jit-tiv. :(

Hey Fyew-jit-tiv,

I just have a quick random question, and was hoping maybe you can answer it for me. :(

How do you post your system specs beneath your thread? It's really cool and I want to try it as well. Please guide me as I have no experience with it.

Thanks so much!

BK

Hi B.K,

Looks like you found out before i could answer you.

Sorry for not getting back.!

Regards.