How long will my changed Everest key last ?

Fritz_the_Germ

As our Terms and conditions state at ...

http://www.aida64.com/free-upgrade-aida64

... we provide an AIDA64 license free of charge with a 12 months expiry. So the AIDA64 license you got today can be used until October 10, 2011. However, the license can be used only for AIDA64 v1.00. If in the future you find e.g. AIDA64 v2.00 or AIDA64 v3.00 appealing, and you will wish to upgrade to it, then you will need to buy a full new AIDA64 license to upgrade from AIDA64 v1.00 to a new version of it.

We don't clone the EVEREST license, and we don't provide an AIDA64 license with the same limitations. We only provide a chance now to switch to AIDA64 free of charge, because AIDA64 is the future, and we want to give EVEREST customers a chance to benefit from the new features of AIDA64. This is not a "one-way street", you can switch back to EVEREST if you want, since your purchased EVEREST license is retained even after acquiring a free AIDA64 license.

I hope this clarifies it :(

Regards,

Fiery

We cannot publish all information in details at this early stage. Currently, our release schedule puts AIDA64 v2.00 later this year, probably in early December, with a brand new hardware monitoring visual panel implemented, sort of an "OSD on steroids". AIDA64 v3.00 will only come in 2011, probably in Q2 (April or May). We plan to implement e.g. OpenCL benchmarks and OpenCL System Stability Test in 2011, most likely by v3.00 release.

Between those cornerstone releases, we will release at least 2 or 3 stable updates, where we implement support for the latest hardware components (video cards, motherboards, processors, SSD drives, etc) released between the major updates.

We are also in the process of implementing Intel AVX support in our memory and FPU benchmarks, to optimize them for the upcoming Intel "Sandy Bridge" processor. However, the unveiling of the AVX-optimized benchmarks depends on Intel's release schedule of their new processors based on the "Sandy Bridge" core.

We cannot publish all information in details at this early stage. Currently, our release schedule puts AIDA64 v2.00 later this year, probably in early December, with a brand new hardware monitoring visual panel implemented, sort of an "OSD on steroids". AIDA64 v3.00 will only come in 2011, probably in Q2 (April or May). We plan to implement e.g. OpenCL benchmarks and OpenCL System Stability Test in 2011, most likely by v3.00 release.

Between those cornerstone releases, we will release at least 2 or 3 stable updates, where we implement support for the latest hardware components (video cards, motherboards, processors, SSD drives, etc) released between the major updates.

We are also in the process of implementing Intel AVX support in our memory and FPU benchmarks, to optimize them for the upcoming Intel "Sandy Bridge" processor. However, the unveiling of the AVX-optimized benchmarks depends on Intel's release schedule of their new processors based on the "Sandy Bridge" core.

Fascinated by the idea of the "visual panel". If you need a beta tester please let me know. Glad to see your ongoing development plans.

One more question about the license, if I may?

I fully expect to purchase the new version license when it is available but I'm curious about something.

This free license expires after one year which I assume means it will either stop working or have nag screens like a trial version.

But once we upgrade to the new version with a normal license then the license agreement as posted on the license page takes over. It is useable forever but service and support only lasts for one year.

Do I have that right?

Thanks.

I fully expect to purchase the new version license when it is available but I'm curious about something.

This free license expires after one year which I assume means it will either stop working or have nag screens like a trial version.

It will stop working one year after the free license was created.

But once we upgrade to the new version with a normal license then the license agreement as posted on the license page takes over. It is useable forever but service and support only lasts for one year.

Do I have that right?

Yes, you do. A full purchased license of AIDA64 can be used perpetually. It will not expire at all. The only thing that will expire is the support & updates (maintenance) period, but you will only notice that if you try to upgrade to a new AIDA64 version that your license doesn't permit. If you don't upgrade to a newer version after the maintenance period is expired, AIDA64 will keep working with its full functionality.

It will stop working one year after the free license was created.

Yes, you do. A full purchased license of AIDA64 can be used perpetually. It will not expire at all. The only thing that will expire is the support & updates (maintenance) period, but you will only notice that if you try to upgrade to a new AIDA64 version that your license doesn't permit. If you don't upgrade to a newer version after the maintenance period is expired, AIDA64 will keep working with its full functionality.

Excellent. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've recently purchased a license for AIDA64 which I understand is valid for one year for version 1.xx.

In the quote above you say you expect version 2 to be released later this year. If I want to upgrade to this will I have to purchase a new license even though my current one is valid until 6th October 2011.

You'll be able to upgrade to new versions (like 2.00) too within your 1 year period

I've recently purchased a license for AIDA64 which I understand is valid for one year for version 1.xx.

In the quote above you say you expect version 2 to be released later this year. If I want to upgrade to this will I have to purchase a new license even though my current one is valid until 6th October 2011.