Display PC sensor values on Android device connected via USB - Odospace Remote Panel

odospace

On 12/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, Andre Vitti said:

this is awesome!! i have a G19 keyboard which is getting very old and was looking for a replacement (only 2nd hand available, old so probably with issues) - this looks like a great solution - i do have an old phone i can use.

i was wondering since it;s a touchscreen, can this also accept a press to open something else? eg. have stats and then a bottom row of icons to load stuff on pc, or get extra system stats.

thx

Same here, I LOVED that G19 but just worn out. Trying it with an Android tablet, like someone said above I can also get it to work over WiFi perfectly, but cannot get it working over USB. I think someone else noticed the high cpu usage, so I was going to try to see if usb connection improved that.

On 12/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, Mickaël NuWho said:

Here is a good way to recycle an old Galaxy Tab 3 7" :P.
A few days ago, I was using Remote System Monitor but the problem is that it's not complete enough with my 5900x and my 3080.
I modified a little bit a theme found on a thread and from adapt it to my taste at a resolution of 1024x600

Capture d’écran 2020-12-10 122340.png

Hello, 

Nice work .
Can you please share the OSLCD template and source background/fonts if used.

Thanks. 

I am new to AIDA64 and Odospace and found it to be a useful and interesting way to reutilize the old android LCD as a sensor monitor. 

Thanks to all the DEVs and panel creators sharing their creative work. I have an Old rooted KitKAT LG V410 Tablet (1280x800) on which I have been able to get the Odospace remote panel installed and get the display.

AIDA64 and Odospace is installed currently on a low spec testbed Windows 10 thin client,  to try and play around with the features as a sandbox.

Can I get some help regarding the following :

1. I am connecting thru USB , and was never able to connect it thru WiFi. I changed the localhost (127.0.0.1) address in the LCD preference in AIDA to the network IP address of the wired PC (on which AIDA is running) , however the wireless tablet never seems to display the dashboard an only the app icon is shown. Is there something I am missing for WiFi connection. 

2. I get random app crash/blank screen on android app. It keeps working for a random amount of time and some times just goes blank. It never comes back until I quit and restart the Remote Panel application in Windows. Before restarting the app, I can see the following message in the Diagnostic and Help window (error:Adb connection Error:An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)window. Not sure over here the remote host is the Remote Panel application running in Windows on the  app running on Android tablet an how/where to trouble shoot. 

image.png.f68753b04624b5da727a96a0912ba520.png

3. Even when the application is running I can see the following message in the Diagnostic and Help window'. As far as I know there is nothing running on port 38001 on the local machine. Not sure what does this message means, the android app is working in this case anyways.

image.png.7e498ff322f34491143b65ddc23e6074.png

Appreciate if the application developer can have a look and share possible guidance/feedback.

Thanks.

To the ADB crashing problem in my above post, found a possible solution at

Built an external stats monitor using old Galaxy S6 and 3D printer. Software is Aida64 and remote server by odospace : pcmods (reddit.com)

image.png.758ea14d9ff8a50444370627ee8ae555.png

As mentioned have downloaded the guided version of ADB from

https://androidstudio.io/upload/201610/adb.zip

image.png.794346d3ee37f9ff8599224fe5053b55.png

Will give it a shot to stress test and post results.

Meanwhile would appreciate any other possible guidance for a solution.

Thanks.

On 12/31/2020 at 11:25 AM, Andre Vitti said:

i can't find the download, just a pic

On 1/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, HyperEscape said:

Sure It would be useful for me as well.

Thanks.

Here is my version made for a Nexus 7 2013 with the GIMP version of the background image for editing but the original was posted by another user earlier in the thread.

I didn't put much effort into making the layout symmetrical or anything, so will probably annoy an OCD person.

Can someone please confirm if their setup is using around 5% CPU? Trying to confirm if its normal or not. Has no impact on day to day usage but does impact bench marking.

2021-01-09.oslcd 1863261561_TMAIDALCDN71920x1200.xcf

On 1/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, HyperEscape said:

1. I am connecting thru USB , and was never able to connect it thru WiFi. I changed the localhost (127.0.0.1) address in the LCD preference in AIDA to the network IP address of the wired PC (on which AIDA is running) , however the wireless tablet never seems to display the dashboard an only the app icon is shown. Is there something I am missing for WiFi connection. 

If using WiFi, set the network IP address to the address of your wireless tablet! If using WiFi you can remove the OdoSpace windows program from autostart, it is only required for USB connection. However, OdoSpace for windows must be still installed.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:24 AM, djase said:

Here is a good way to recycle an old Galaxy Tab 3 7" :P.
A few days ago, I was using Remote System Monitor but the problem is that it's not complete enough with my 5900x and my 3080.
I modified a little bit a theme found on a thread and from adapt it to my taste at a resolution of 1024x600

Capture d’écran 2020-12-10 122340.png

3084x1440 Pls ?

My first attempt at an odospace connected display console. I went for a 10 sec rolling screen solution dedicating a page to each of the major components as well as a clock and quick summery pages. Still a work in progress though already proving to be useful. Currently in the process of making a custom mounting panel to enable positioning inside the pc case. There's a small portion of the top of the screen missing in this video that's down to my poor camera work rather than a flaw in the display. https://youtu.be/9wOKfhXNyUQ

tower.jpg

mq1.jpg

Edited by Yeti73
forgot to add media

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get this running on an old Samsung 7 inch A6 (2016) tablet. Screen rotation does not seem to be working and panel is cut off on the right side.  Screen resolution is 800 X 1280. If I created a panel in portrait mode it displays fine. 

Am I missing a checkbox or setting somewhere?

TIA,

gManTexas

EDIT: I updated AIDA64 and RemotePanel, plus tried a few other layouts. Seems to be working in landscape orientation now.

Edited by gmantexas
Update status

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 5:44 AM, HyperEscape said:

oh hey, that's me :lol:

I can confirm using that version of ADB with my Galaxy S7 helped tremendously with utilizing USB, but it is not perfect.  I typically still have to fix a lockup once a day or so.  Maybe @odospace can chime in on the reasoning why that helps with certain devices.

I might try the wifi option to see if that is more stable, but I like how I am presently using a micro usb direct to mobo usb header cable.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, zzzyz36 said:

odospace can you please make an option to stop your program loading at startup for those using wifi not USB?

To stop the Windows program from loading on startup, simply use the Autostart page in the Windows 10 settings.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, odospace said:

To stop the Windows program from loading on startup, simply use the Autostart page in the Windows 10 settings.

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I have had to give up on your sensor panel on my Nexus 7 2013 as it boosts cores in the background resulting in high idle temps on my new 5800X. I didn't realise it at first as the AIDA64 stats screens shows base CPU Mhz clocks when "idle" and thought the 5800X was just hot. But then in other software I noticed that individual cores were constantly boosting , I closed AIDA64 and temps dropped instantly.

i.e. With it on I get a CPU temp of 60C+, or average sensor temp of 50C+ measured in HWiNFO64, close AIDA64 and it drops to 40C and 30C+ almost instantly.

I did loved having the screen but I will have to investigate another way to do it as its not acceptable to impact CPU performance like that.

16 hours ago, odospace said:

Check the Update Frequency in Aida64, try to set it to a higher value (e.g. 2000ms).

Made no difference but the second I untick "enable Odospace LCD support" in preferences it has the same effect as closing AIDA64, CPU temps drop instantly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally made it work !

I first tried with Remote panel for Windows. It was sketchy.
Really low refresh rate, many disconnects..
I tried many version of ADB, none worked.

I then tried wifi, it was working perfectly fine.
No more disconnect, refresh rate matching the setting in AIDA.
Buuut I didn't like it with Wifi. Not optimal.

Then I used USB tethering to connect Android device and PC via TCP/IP.
Performance is great.

There is still some things I need to figure out.
I need to remove a default route added by Windows each time the device connect to pc, otherwise goodbye internet on pc.
I still didn't find an elegant way to enable tethering automatically when usb is plugged.
Otherwise, it's working really fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2015 at 3:03 AM, odospace said:
Version 1.15 available

- Fullscreen mode (long press for settings)

- RemotePanel (for windows) version 1.15: Verbose mode for better problem handling, fixes a rare ADB hang when multiple PCs are connected to one android device.

Hi, wondering what is meant with "Fullscreen mode (long press for settings)". Long press where on what button? Been trying to change resolution to get full screen on android. Cant change it in Aida64 settings. It is set to 980X1440 in Aida64 settings and is 'greyed' out, so it cant be changed.

Other than that, thanks. Works great. Wish I would have discovered Odospace Remote Panel sooner.