RGB keyboard LEDs to monitor system status

Fiery

When rgb is activated and i type on my strafe, there is some "flash" of random colors, but not regular...

I think we've found the issue in the RGB LED module of AIDA64. We will fix it up in the next AIDA64 beta update due in a few days from now. I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta is available for download.

• 2 weeks later...

It works! thanks a lot!

Thank you for the feedback ;)

There is just one issue, if i choose "row of keys" "0-9" or "1-0", always "1-0" keys light up. Never "0-9".

Supporting non-US keyboard layouts about RGB LED is unfortunately a big challenge, regardless of the keyboard manufacturer in question. I think the ultimate solution will be to offer custom key list building, so you can specify exactly what keys do you want to be lit as a row.

And i have to stop Corsair Utility Engine

That's true. Corsair hasn't yet come up with a proper SDK for its RGB LED products, so we have to talk to the device directly. That will then collide with CUE. The ultimate solution for this issue will be when Corsair introduced a RGB LED SDK with proper synchronization and device sharing across multiple applications.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a Corsair K70 and I've been trying for hours to set up a temperature monitor to change the color of the keys.  No luck.  I read this thread and downloaded 5.70.3843 Beta.  I also exited CUE.  No luck.  I'll attach my USB dump here.  Please let me know if my keyboard is supported and if so, what I need to do to get this working.

Thanks!

usbdump.txt

Thank you for the info. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it still cannot find your keyboard, then please post a new USB Dump. We've added a few more details to that dump to help investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for the quick response.  I upgraded to the latest beta and restarted Windows.  Still no luck.  I am posting a new usb dump.  For this dump, I had the keyboard plugged directly into a USB port on the PC and not through a hub as I had when I did the last dump.

Thanks for taking a look.

usbdump.txt

Thank you for the quick response.  I upgraded to the latest beta and restarted Windows.  Still no luck.  I am posting a new usb dump.  For this dump, I had the keyboard plugged directly into a USB port on the PC and not through a hub as I had when I did the last dump.

Thank you for the updated dump. We'll do some further improvements in the next AIDA64 beta update. I'll post a download link for the new beta update into this topic soon.

Please try it with the latest AIDA64 beta available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know if it helps ;)

OK, maybe I spoke to soon.  It works perfectly if I choose "All Keys" or "Single Key" as the item type.  But if I choose "Row of Keys", I get various results.  For function keys, only F1 thru F7 light up.  For Numbers (1-0) or, 1-5 light up.  For numbers (0-9) the 0 and 1-4 light up.  For QWERTYUIOP, only QWERTY light up.  (For the rest of the rows, only the leftmost five or six light up).

But at least I can see it's working, and for now I'm using "all keys."  Thanks again.

OK, maybe I spoke to soon.  It works perfectly if I choose "All Keys" or "Single Key" as the item type.  But if I choose "Row of Keys", I get various results.  For function keys, only F1 thru F7 light up.  For Numbers (1-0) or, 1-5 light up.  For numbers (0-9) the 0 and 1-4 light up.  For QWERTYUIOP, only QWERTY light up.  (For the rest of the rows, only the leftmost five or six light up).

But at least I can see it's working, and for now I'm using "all keys."  Thanks again.

We've contacted Corsair to ask for their assistance on this issue. I'll let you know in this topic once we have an update to this issue ;)

Thanks for all the help with my K70.  I'm enjoying the RGB keyboard enough that I just added a Razer Chroma RGB wireless mouse.  I was hoping I could have AIDA64 show colors on the keyboard for one measurement and colors on the mouse for another.  I haven't been able to get the mouse to respond to AIDA64 at all.  Is my mouse supported?  I'll attach another usbdump file.

I appreciate all the support.  

usbdump.txt