fixed: AIDA64 makes my PC BSOD (kmode execption not handled) (Asus X99-Deluxe + i7-5930K + GTX980Ti + Win10 B17134) [Win10 1803 timer collision]

sblantipodi

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, Berti84 said:

Awesome, yesterday i tried the latest beta release of aida64!

I can confirm my system idle bsods/bugchecks that i experienced before are now gone! :lol:

Thank you Aida64 wizzards! B)

Great news, thank you for your feedback! ;) 

I can confirm they are not gone. I will get a KMODE exception every single time if I forget and don't close AIDA64. 

X99 FTW K 6850K

1080 Ti

Win10 1803 all updated and stable as a rock except for this. I've been paying for AIDA for nearly a decade. I'd hate to stop using it because of this. So..right now my paid until 1/30/2020 license is kinda useless. Long Live Lavalys   B)

On 7/15/2018 at 12:36 PM, HeavyHemi said:

I can confirm they are not gone. I will get a KMODE exception every single time if I forget and don't close AIDA64. 

X99 FTW K 6850K

1080 Ti

Win10 1803 all updated and stable as a rock except for this. I've been paying for AIDA for nearly a decade. I'd hate to stop using it because of this. So..right now my paid until 1/30/2020 license is kinda useless. Long Live Lavalys   B)

It's not really Fiery's fault,  but there some new information Re the cause

It was a  bit premature to mark this thread fixed just because an issue with 1803 was found and worked around, some of us are not even on Win10.

New development!

Remember about aida64 and nvidia timer conflict? well i tried one thing, i changed "turn off monitor" option to never and guess what? for 3 days i didn't have BSOD-s so it was perfect, but last night i changed option to 20 miuntes, and guess what, during the night it had 5 BSOD-s after monitor was going off now explain me wtf is going on because i can't , i mean WTF!!

I'm not trying to assign blame here. You're right it's an odd issue.  There's probably other ways I could replicated it. I have all the monitoring disabled in Afterburner,  I use it just for overclocking and setting a fan profile. It runs 24/7 without issue. HardwareInfo I don't use often and I don't believe I have had a crash from it. I don't use monitor sleep. Nvidia, using the Optimal Power, setting introduced an new low power state that doesn't refresh the buffer with a static state on screen. I'd had to refresh my memory to give you more details on it.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, Fiery said:

Great news, thank you for your feedback! ;) 

How can I install the latest beta that fix this problem?
I'm using the latest "stable version" and I just experienced another BSOD

EDIT: Ok I installed the latest beta but is there a specific fix for the BSDO in the beta?

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, sblantipodi said:

How can I install the latest beta that fix this problem?
I'm using the latest "stable version" and I just experienced another BSOD

EDIT: Ok I installed the latest beta but is there a specific fix for the BSDO in the beta?

The latest beta build includes the fix for the Win10 1803 BSoD issue.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, catch36 said:

Has the fix in the beta release been confirmed to fix the Kmode exception BSOD if monitor power management is enable in windows 10?

No, that's a separate issue that we expect nVIDIA to fix in a future ForceWare update.

Same issue. Just updated...well tried to...I only have 1.5 DSL so while trying to install the latest BETA I got a KMODE while trying to update while looking at the program. After the system rebooted, I tried to update again. This time it managed to update and restart...then KMODE a few minutes later...This program is completely unusable for me, period end of story. BETA version is .4679.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, adriant42 said:

I am not comfortable installing a beta version. So, I have the stable version 5.97.4600 installed. Does this stable version include the Win 10 1803 fix mentioned in Fiery's Beta post (dated June 21)?

Not yet.  If you don't want to use a beta build, then please wait for the next stable build which we currently have scheduled for next month.

So I have this Blue screen and it points directly at AIDA 64 . It only happens when my monitor is in sleep mode, am I in the right place. looks like it is being worked on and may be a Nvidia problem. Just making sure I am following.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E

PROCESS_NAME:  aida64.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

On 8/9/2018 at 4:33 AM, Fiery said:

No, that's a separate issue that we expect nVIDIA to fix in a future ForceWare update.

Hi Fiery,

I tried Google but could not locate a forum/announcement that talked specifically about the BSOD monitor power management issue. I would like to keep track of this issue to see if there has been a fix. Do you happen to have a link that you can share?

Thanks!

Hi Developers,

I saw this thread yesterday and was hoping the beta version will address the BSOD that I've experienced.  However I got a BSOD in about 1 hour, I wasn't very sure that the BSOD in my case was relating to Windows 10 update that has been mentioned in other posts in this thread but what I can be sure is that whenever I have my computer idle with AIDA64 running, I will get BSOD within 1-4 hours.  I'm not very sure what to provide to keep this issue on track but here's some basic information of my system and hopefully this can be fixed in coming stable version update.

MB: Asus B350 prime plus
CPU: Ryzen 1600
SSD: Samsung Sm961 and Evo 850
VGA: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

On 8/21/2018 at 12:22 AM, vabchgent said:

So I have this Blue screen and it points directly at AIDA 64 . It only happens when my monitor is in sleep mode, am I in the right place. looks like it is being worked on and may be a Nvidia problem. Just making sure I am following.

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E

PROCESS_NAME:  aida64.exe

CURRENT_IRQL:  0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

it doesn't point directly at anything.

otherwise it would be FAULTING_PROCESS:

Nvidia has made no mention of whether they have reproduced the issue with the reproduction steps so far.

On 8/23/2018 at 4:41 AM, adriant42 said:

Hi Fiery,

I tried Google but could not locate a forum/announcement that talked specifically about the BSOD monitor power management issue. I would like to keep track of this issue to see if there has been a fix. Do you happen to have a link that you can share?

Thanks!

There is no announcement.

12 hours ago, birdgg said:

Hi Developers,

I saw this thread yesterday and was hoping the beta version will address the BSOD that I've experienced.  However I got a BSOD in about 1 hour, I wasn't very sure that the BSOD in my case was relating to Windows 10 update that has been mentioned in other posts in this thread but what I can be sure is that whenever I have my computer idle with AIDA64 running, I will get BSOD within 1-4 hours.  I'm not very sure what to provide to keep this issue on track but here's some basic information of my system and hopefully this can be fixed in coming stable version update.

MB: Asus B350 prime plus
CPU: Ryzen 1600
SSD: Samsung Sm961 and Evo 850
VGA: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

You should read all posts within a thread before assuming something.

There will not be a fix for this bsod coming from Fiery's side.

12 hours ago, Squall Leonhart said:

it doesn't point directly at anything.

otherwise it would be FAULTING_PROCESS:

Nvidia has made no mention of whether they have reproduced the issue with the reproduction steps so far.

There is no announcement.

You should read all posts within a thread before assuming something.

There will not be a fix for this bsod coming from Fiery's side.

I take your response that I shouldn't assume AIDA64 causing BSOD?  I thought this is a bug reports forum and I was reporting a BSOD that is reproducible, if I can not report that I doubt why this forum ever exists.  On the other hand, have you read all posts that concludes anything and would you shed some light?

On 8/29/2018 at 12:09 PM, birdgg said:

I take your response that I shouldn't assume AIDA64 causing BSOD?  I thought this is a bug reports forum and I was reporting a BSOD that is reproducible, if I can not report that I doubt why this forum ever exists.  On the other hand, have you read all posts that concludes anything and would you shed some light?

Aida64 is just a victim to nvidia's unstable NVAPI code at the present time.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, adriant42 said:

Hi Fiery,

Thanks!

It's because the Win10 1803 timer issue got mixed up with the ForceWare BSoD issue.  They surfaced about the same time, and it was difficult to tell them apart from each other.  We're confident that we've managed to fix the Win10 1803 timer issue in the latest AIDA64 update of v5.98, but the ForceWare issue has to be fixed by nVIDIA.  We're hoping that the new generation ForceWare drivers (e.g. ForceWare 411) have that problem fixed.

14 hours ago, catch36 said:

The latest 411.63 Nvidia driver seems to have fixed the monitor power management issue for me. Been using this driver for over a week now and can leave Aida64 open and my monitor/system can suspend without a bsod.

Awesome, thank you for you feedback!