Total NIC download usage

Blimp

Hey devs

I really like how there are the options to see the NIC1 download and upload rates, I use this all the time on my G15 keyboard,

It would be really cool to see a usage value, in megabytes of how much the current session has downloaded and uploaded.

This would be awesome because I always like to watch how many MBs have been used, etc,.

It is a lot of clicks to get to this window to check how many bytes I've used:

unled2tz.jpg

Thanks

Blimp

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Network / Windows Network: Bytes R/S shows in real time (?) and It does not load the CPU. When I want to use it for monitoring (SensorPanel, OSD, tray), I must use the Update Frequency. I have 60 sec for SensorPanel, it's good to show the temperatures and fans, but it`s impossible for Bytes R/S monitoring. If I set 1 sec, it`s great loads for CPU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Fiery,

Is it possible to make the NIC upload/download totals display KB, rather than MB?

Thanks

EDIT:

I was thinking, would it be possible for the Total Download to start out with Bytes, and when it reaches 1,000 Bytes to change to KB, when it reaches 1,000 KB to change to MB, when it reaches 1,000 MB change to GB?

Thanks again

Anyway, since Windows reports file sizes in KBytes, would that not be more consistant?

Just my opinion, but it seems logical to me.

AIDA64 has to provide a reading that is easy to read and "easy to digest" for most users. Since these days people download hundreds of MegaBytes of data from the internet every day, using at least 1 Mbps internet connection, the proper resolution simply cannot be KBytes. By using KBytes measurement unit the total downloaded data would quickly become very long and hard to interpret. E.g. if you have downloaded 2 GBytes since your computer is online, the total downloaded amount of KBytes would be 2097152. And after you've downloaded one GByte or more, the KBytes resolution simply becomes irrelevant. Just like these days people count HDDs and SSDs in GBytes, and noone cares about how much is it in MBytes or KBytes ;)

Yes Sir, I understand your point.

I do download some large files on occasion:

Capture-3.jpg

I have often wondered why Windows still shows KB?

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

P.S.

I wonder if it would be possible to add a couple more places to the right of the decimal point?

If not, never mind.

Thanks again