NZXT GRID+ V3 support?

Elderdeekey

13 hours ago, Elderdeekey said:

Do you guys have plans to support NZXT Grid+ V3?

Got long awaited digital fan controller but fans are not seen by AIDA64...

We've ordered a Grid+ V3 device, and we'll analyze how it works as soon as it arrives.  I'll let you know in this topic once a new AIDA64 beta build with Grid+ V3 support becomes available.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, Fiery said:

We've ordered a Grid+ V3 device, and we'll analyze how it works as soon as it arrives.  I'll let you know in this topic once a new AIDA64 beta build with Grid+ V3 support becomes available.

The new AIDA64 beta build is available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

Fiery - you did it again - it works great! :)
2 questions though:
1. Do you "artificially" start numbering fans from 21
or do those numbers come from GRID?
2. I've marked 2 SSD temperatures by green pen - where those come from? They are marked #2, and I do have temperature of those already...
Thanks a bunch!

3.JPG

12 hours ago, Elderdeekey said:

Fiery - you did it again - it works great! :)
2 questions though:
1. Do you "artificially" start numbering fans from 21
or do those numbers come from GRID?
2. I've marked 2 SSD temperatures by green pen - where those come from? They are marked #2, and I do have temperature of those already...
Thanks a bunch!

3.JPG

1) Motherboard and integrated fan headers occupy the first 20 fan slots.  External fan controllers therefore start to allocate fan slots at Fan #21.

2) Secondary NVMe SSD thermal readings are available for certain SSDs.  It's not 100% clear what temperature do they measure.  The common belief is that it's the controller temperature.

Thank you for your feedback!

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Ref. second reading - both SSD are Samsung 970 PRO, one 512GB and the other 1TB, and it is seen from AIDA64 Gadget Items screen.

On a screencapture below are both temperature readings (disk Boot C is 512GB, disk Games G is 1TB). I have no idea why those temperatures are so different (indeed #2 temperatures might be controller ones) - both SSD use radiators, 512GB one even has custom fan...

Anyway, thank you very much for fast implementation and great feedback!

4.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello Fiery!

my old NZXT Grid +V3 died miserably :wacko: Fried out and put on fire a few USB connected units. Kinda disaster...

As I need much more than 2 USB ports I've got the new one, with firmware version v1.4 and CAM version 4.8...

With new unit all my fans connected via new Grid are gone from AIDA64 (I'm using version 6.25.5400). Is it my personal bug or they really have changed smth and became invisible to your great SW?

CAM itself sees and controls all of them...

Many thanks in advance!

On 6/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, Elderdeekey said:

Hello Fiery!

my old NZXT Grid +V3 died miserably :wacko: Fried out and put on fire a few USB connected units. Kinda disaster...

As I need much more than 2 USB ports I've got the new one, with firmware version v1.4 and CAM version 4.8...

With new unit all my fans connected via new Grid are gone from AIDA64 (I'm using version 6.25.5400). Is it my personal bug or they really have changed smth and became invisible to your great SW?

CAM itself sees and controls all of them...

Many thanks in advance!

Please try to close CAM and right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 3 weeks later...

215466607_.png.6efca1ca6111ef9408acba6f00982afc.png

It is 1.4, not 1.04.

I also found exclamation point on one of the screens:

90304766_.png.e02d52ad42943dd770bd82f806e547c8.png

If you mouse over it there is a pop-up message:

857285219_.thumb.png.c240773b45ecc0478c267bc9c745ab78.png

So it looks like Aida64 is trying to communicate with it but is blocked...

Anyway, it still doesn't see those fans...

On 7/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, Elderdeekey said:

It is 1.4, not 1.04.

I also found exclamation point on one of the screens:

If you mouse over it there is a pop-up message:

So it looks like Aida64 is trying to communicate with it but is blocked...

Anyway, it still doesn't see those fans...

We've checked with NZXT GRID+ V3, Firmware version 1.4, CAM v4.8, and GRID+ V3 fan readings are measured by AIDA64 just fine as long as you close CAM.