Logitech Arx Control LCD for smartphones and tablets

Grestorn

I've been playing around with the sensor panel setup and it looks great so far, I do have a few small questions/requests.

1) Is it possible or can you add options to format the time? I'd like to drop off the seconds on the time and up time to save space.

2) Is it possible to change the direction of the graphs? In particular the bar graph. For example, volume might be a vertical bar graph instead of horizontal, or perhaps you might want to reverse the direction of a horizontal bar graph. Below is a picture of what I have come up with so far (just running it on an old iPhone 5 I have, excuse the Dr Who styling!!!), in particular I'd like to run cores 5-8 in the opposite direction (from right to left) to mirror the other side :)

1) We've implemented two new hardware monitor items, Time (HH:MM) (means Time without seconds) and UpTime (HH:MM) (means UpTime without seconds).

2) We've implemented a new bar option called "Right To Left" to let you change the direction of bar graphs. It's right below the "3D effect" checkbox, and will change its label automatically to "Top To Bottom" in case you configure a vertical bar ;)

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

-----

As for your idea about macros, well, that sounds like a very flexible but also very complicated method. We will have to find something in between. Maybe something like a dropdown list of macros for the Static Label's label field. The list of macros would be like "$LOCALIP", "$CPUTYPE", etc. That way it wouldn't require us to add more dynamic hardware monitor items, and the labels wouldn't have to be updated more than once per session, so it wouldn't put any additional overhead on either the main computer or the mobile device. What do you think?

1) We've implemented two new hardware monitor items, Time (HH:MM) (means Time without seconds) and UpTime (HH:MM) (means UpTime without seconds).

2) We've implemented a new bar option called "Right To Left" to let you change the direction of bar graphs. It's right below the "3D effect" checkbox, and will change its label automatically to "Top To Bottom" in case you configure a vertical bar ;)

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

-----

As for your idea about macros, well, that sounds like a very flexible but also very complicated method. We will have to find something in between. Maybe something like a dropdown list of macros for the Static Label's label field. The list of macros would be like "$LOCALIP", "$CPUTYPE", etc. That way it wouldn't require us to add more dynamic hardware monitor items, and the labels wouldn't have to be updated more than once per session, so it wouldn't put any additional overhead on either the main computer or the mobile device. What do you think?

Wow, awesome turn around in options! downloading the beta now :)

Those macros would work perfectly (that is pretty much what I meant I think, I wasn't implying you would have flexible naming types for the actual variables, just a standard variable method, such as you have suggested), would you pull those macros from a text file or the summary info that Aida already samples once a session? Either way, that would certainly work, give a heap of flexibility for advanced users, and hopefully be a lot simpler to implement :)

Will provide feedback on the beta shortly :)

The macros would be a fixed, pre-defined set, so you would have to choose from them, by clicking on the "V" button next to the dropdown list. You wouldn't have to create, open or maintain any text files or any other files.

As an example, if you would want to put a label on your LCD with a caption of your local IP address, in the Label field on the Static Label configuration panel you would write:

$LOCALIP

And then, when the LCD is rendered, AIDA64 will not display "$LOCALIP" on the label caption, but instead it would replace the $LOCALIP text with the actual local IP address of e.g. 192.168.0.123.

Other such macros could be:

$CPUMODEL

$MOBOMODEL

$HOSTNAME

$USERNAME

$OSPRODUCT (Windows product name)

$DXVER (DirectX Version)

etc. You could also combine those macros in a single label, so you can specify the caption as e.g. "$MOBOMODEL / $CPUMODEL"

that sounds perfect, would work well I think.

I've just run up the beta, works as advertised, graphs were able to be reversed easily and I was able to drop the seconds from the time, thanks for the great support!

New screenshot: zYv1oBr.png

One other minor question, is it possible to set max/min ranges on the graph values as well as the graph itself? For example, if I have a graph that goes from 0-100 (0%-100%) which indicates system volume, when you press the mute button in windows, it actually inverts the volume level, so if I was at %30 volume, and I hit the mute button, the new value is -30%. In my above screenshot, the graph displays correctly if I hit the mute button (because max/min is set to 100-0), but value itself shows -30, would be awesome if you could set a limit on the values so anything below 0 would be ignored like in the graphs. It is only a minor thing, but I like to tinker :)

As a side note, I've noticed a quirk in Win8 (Not Aida64's fault) with the system uptime, it looks like Win8, when hitting the shutdown button actually does a combination of a sleep and hibernate, the end result is that cpu cycles do not reset, which means the uptime counter doesn't reset on reboot. As a result, my uptime shows as just over 2 days despite being rebooted numerous times.

Further info here: http://superuser.com/questions/744583/windows-8-uptime-not-resetting-after-restart-or-shut-down

Short of doing a full shutdown with the new commands listed in the link, it would be interesting to see if the uptime can be pulled from another system variable somewhere that is reflected on the default reboot in Win8?

Thanks again, I wish all software companies where this responsive!

Thank you for the feedback. As for the master volume issue, I'm not sure if I understand the actual problem. I've just tried it with a master volume bar graph (the way I see it on your screen shot), and it reflected -36% as a value after muting the volume, and the bar graph itself showed no value, so it basically showed no volume (0%). I would think that's the proper way to show the volume. I used 0-100% range for the bar graph. Or maybe you mean the graph, and not the bar graph?

As for the uptime under Win8, yes, it is the way it works with Win8.x, and AFAIK it's not possible to fix it from a software. If you're too bothered by that, then you may have to disable the fast shutdown feature of Win8.x.

We'll add the following 7 control strings for Static Labels in the next AIDA64 beta update due next week:

$CPUMODEL

$DXVER (DirectX version)

$HOSTNAME

$LOCALIP

$MOBOMODEL

$USERNAME

Please let me know if you have more ideas on such control strings. They will be detected once per session, so they must be fairly static (constant) values.

Thank you for the feedback. As for the master volume issue, I'm not sure if I understand the actual problem. I've just tried it with a master volume bar graph (the way I see it on your screen shot), and it reflected -36% as a value after muting the volume, and the bar graph itself showed no value, so it basically showed no volume (0%). I would think that's the proper way to show the volume. I used 0-100% range for the bar graph. Or maybe you mean the graph, and not the bar graph?

As for the uptime under Win8, yes, it is the way it works with Win8.x, and AFAIK it's not possible to fix it from a software. If you're too bothered by that, then you may have to disable the fast shutdown feature of Win8.x.

the behavior of the bar graph itself is fine and works as designed, it is the associated values I was wondering about for max/min, so as you mention, the reflected value is -36% after muting and the graph itself showed no value. Is it possible to have the reflected value show the same behavior, in that although the -36% is the true value, because the range has been set for the graph from 0-100, the reflect value is displayed as 0%, even though the actual value is less that 0 (-36%).

Perhaps a tick box on either the graph or value tab to match the range implemented in the graph tab could turn it on or off?

Re the uptime, not a drama, I'll have a fiddle with the fast shutdown features. Thanks :)

We'll add the following 7 control strings for Static Labels in the next AIDA64 beta update due next week:

$CPUMODEL

$DXVER (DirectX version)

$HOSTNAME

$LOCALIP

$MOBOMODEL

$USERNAME

Please let me know if you have more ideas on such control strings. They will be detected once per session, so they must be fairly static (constant) values.

Awesome! I think those cover the main items people would be after, I've just had a look at the info in the summary page and I can't see anything else majorly important, maybe the GPU Model, but that would be about it.

thanks again!

I'm VERY new at this ... 

:)

But all I can see is:

image1.png

How do I get the different info or interfaces you guys have?

I have AIDA64 5.00.3300

I have Logitech Gaming Software 8.57.145

Im using an Apple Iphone 6 and the only app I could find on the Apple store, searching for "arx", is Arx Control (screenshot above).

There is no way to customize anything?

that is the default logitech app, not the AIDA64 interface, you have the right app (Arx Control), but you need to enable the AIDA64 interface for it to display on the ARX App.

• Open up AIDA64
  • Go to File > Preferences
  • On the left hand side click LCD
  • Look for Logitech Arx tab, click on it and hit enable and then apply
  • Check you phone, you should now see the AIDA64 icon appear on the Arx Control app at the bottom (where you see PC Stats button and my games), see this screenshot from my test phone: FotvPUJ.png
  • If you tap that you should get a blank page with some info about resolution, that means AIDA64 is working.
  • Back on your PC, expand the LCD option in preferences and click on LCD Items, that is where you can start building your template and customizations, add a basic item and hit apply, your iphone should then update with whatever you added.

The screenshots you see of mine above are built from scratch with a bit of photoshop magic for the icons/backgrounds, the sky is the limit!

Thx for the reply.

That doesnt work since I already Logitech Enable ARX LCD Support checked.   And there is still no choice for AIDA64 in the Logitech ARX iphone app.

Tried rebooting several times, and I still only have the My Games, G Keys, Media, and PC Stats.  No AIDA64 icon like in your pic above.

Is there more than one app in the Apple store?  I just searched for "ARX" and only 1 x logitec app came up, and it looks the same as yours, except I dont have the AIDA icon.

That doesnt work since I already Logitech Enable ARX LCD Support checked.   And there is still no choice for AIDA64 in the Logitech ARX iphone app.

When you enable Logitech Arx LCD support, do you get any error messages in red colour? Or you get the "Arx Init OK" green message?

the behavior of the bar graph itself is fine and works as designed, it is the associated values I was wondering about for max/min, so as you mention, the reflected value is -36% after muting and the graph itself showed no value. Is it possible to have the reflected value show the same behavior, in that although the -36% is the true value, because the range has been set for the graph from 0-100, the reflect value is displayed as 0%, even though the actual value is less that 0 (-36%).

Perhaps a tick box on either the graph or value tab to match the range implemented in the graph tab could turn it on or off?

Quite frankly, I think the way it works now is the logical way. Since when it shows zero as volume on the bar graph, that's the truth: muting effectively means 0% volume :) The negative value is shown just to indicate that the volume is not rolled down to zero percent, but muted with a non-zero volume in use before the muting. But when it comes to the resulting volume, the bar graph is right :)

Is there more than one app in the Apple store?  I just searched for "ARX" and only 1 x logitec app came up, and it looks the same as yours, except I dont have the AIDA icon.

No there should only be one and it looks like you have the right app

Quite frankly, I think the way it works now is the logical way. Since when it shows zero as volume on the bar graph, that's the truth: muting effectively means 0% volume :) The negative value is shown just to indicate that the volume is not rolled down to zero percent, but muted with a non-zero volume in use before the muting. But when it comes to the resulting volume, the bar graph is right :)

Understood and I see your point all good :) I guess it was just personal preference for me, but as I said previously, its a VERY minor thing in the scheme of things :) 

$CPUMODEL

$DXVER (DirectX version)

$HOSTNAME

$LOCALIP

$MOBOMODEL

$USERNAME

Here's the download link for the mentioned AIDA64 Extreme beta update:

I'm glad you like our progress so far. We'll make sure to improve on the Arx module in the near future.

1) We'll add that in one of the upcoming beta updates to AIDA64.

2) You can already use vertical bar graphs if you specify a bar width smaller than the bar height ;) As for bar direction, we'll work on that ;)

3) Conditional formatting would add one more layer of complexity on the already quite complicated LCD item configuration panel :( But, maybe we can come up with something that is easy to follow by less experienced users. We'll also have to make sure the panel doesn't get even more crowded. What kind of text properties would you like to update based on the item state? Only the text colour? Would you like to use the conditional formatting for Simple Sensor Items?

Hi Fiery, i'm glad to see a Corporation like Logitech working with other companies. It's a stark contrast from the norm, what with everyone holding tightly onto their patents (Heard anything about Puget System's Oil Cooling Caes?)

I've only found the ARX Control app for my iPad 2 today, and the HW Monitoring work well, but i'm sure Finalwire's solution will work a lot better.

If only i could use it though! As the AIDA64 addon is just a few days old, any informatin for troubleshooting is of course, sparse.

I've managed to change the background colour, but the following message appears, so where do i go from here?

D4yUqZT.png

thanks in advance

Hi Fiery, i'm glad to see a Corporation like Logitech working with other companies. It's a stark contrast from the norm, what with everyone holding tightly onto their patents (Heard anything about Puget System's Oil Cooling Caes?)

I've only found the ARX Control app for my iPad 2 today, and the HW Monitoring work well, but i'm sure Finalwire's solution will work a lot better.

If only i could use it though! As the AIDA64 addon is just a few days old, any informatin for troubleshooting is of course, sparse.

I've managed to change the background colour, but the following message appears, so where do i go from here?

D4yUqZT.png

thanks in advance

that actually means its working fine :) that is the default page so you know what resolution you are working with. 

In AIDA64, if you go to File > Preferences

On the left hand side menu, under LCD there should be LCD Items, that is where you customize and add you own layouts, as soon as you add one item and hit apply, the above default page will disappear and your new layout should appear.

i0Sey0P.png

that actually means its working fine :) that is the default page so you know what resolution you are working with. 

In AIDA64, if you go to File > Preferences

On the left hand side menu, under LCD there should be LCD Items, that is where you customize and add you own layouts, as soon as you add one item and hit apply, the above default page will disappear and your new layout should appear.

i0Sey0P.png

Ah right., thanks for clearing that up for me 

Here's the download link for the mentioned AIDA64 Extreme beta update:

Just ran up the new version, excellent implementation, works perfectly! I've added local IP, host name and mobo name and all work well. I did go through and test them all with no issues, thanks very much for the quit turn around as always!

I'll be sneaky and ask though, any word on conditional formatting? :D

G3JfkhK.png

• Like 1

I'll be sneaky and ask though, any word on conditional formatting? :D

We'll work on that soon ;) We'll also work on the ability to show not only current (actual) values on the SensorPanel and LCD, but also average, minimum and maximum values.

on a side note, thought I'd share a separate project I've been working on. The ARX App is good, but I have been having some stability issues with it where it just locks up on the iOS device for no reason, restarting it comes back fine.

I also don't really like how much real estate you lose at the bottom of the screen due to the icons, so I've built an iOS app myself (I'm on holidays!) to display AIDA64 on.

Few details: 

• It uses the standard sensorpanel web module in AIDA64, no mods or anything like that required.
  • Very simple app where you put in the server address and port, and that's it, it will do the rest
  • It monitors the server and shuts itself down when the server/pc is not available (powered off), and back on again when the server comes back online (powered up), so you can leave it fully automated
  • Works on all iOS devices (tested on ios7/8), both iphone and iPad in landscape and portrait, and best of all you get more real estate to show items on
  • There is also a force refresh button if needed.

Screenshots below, the dark grey area is the extra real estate you get vs the ARX app, this is with the sensorpanel resolution width set the same as the ARX device, but a slightly higher vertical range.

Still have a bit more testing/tweaking to do, but thought I'd see what people's thoughts are and if they are interested :)

Fiery: Would be keen to hear from AID64 as well to ensure there are no licensing or other conflicts. It is simply a browser App that can display any webpage, but its particularly focused around mini-dashboard uses like AIDA64 :)

I'll create another topic once I get closer to publishing.

Esq1FTZ.png

WGKO8Pk.png

JXr15oU.png

Very good idea indeed!

Unfortunately I cancelled my iOS developer registration years ago, otherwise I'd ask you for a beta version :)

Please publish that app as soon as possible ;)

I'd like to know if the panel I created is displayed correctly in your app as well (see the other thread I created). If you want to try that, please contact me by PM so I can send you the files. 

Fiery: Would be keen to hear from AID64 as well to ensure there are no licensing or other conflicts. It is simply a browser App that can display any webpage, but its particularly focused around mini-dashboard uses like AIDA64 :)

Before the development of the Logitech Arx and RemoteSensor modules, AIDA64 already had a facility called External Applications. Many users use those tricks (like shared memory) to export the sensor values AIDA64 measures and get the values processed by their own software or solution. It is just as legal and fine as connecting to the AIDA64 RemoteSensor HTTP server with a native mobile app that you would develop. The only trick is: we cannot provide technical support for that app, since it's not our development, so you would have to deal with the users questions in the new forum topic you would maintain. We do however will support your efforts to make sure the RemoteSensor HTTP server can communicate with your app properly.

BTW, it's a great idea to develop a native app. We're looking forward to giving it a try ;)