AIDA64 and Aorus Graphics Engine doesn't work

pimp1310

hello,

my native language is german, i hope my english is understandable.

The Problem is, when i use my "aorus Graphic Engine" to control my 1080TI's leds, doesnt works anymore when i have aida64 in autostart.

when i delete aida654 in my autostart the "Aorus graphics engine" works well.

I tried to make a delayed start of aida64 but this didnt work.

i need both programs, aida for my sensorpanel on the second screen, and aorus graphics engine to control my graphics card.

any ideas ?

THX

3 hours ago, pimp1310 said:

i had the "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Aorus 11G EXTREME  watercooled"

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

hello,

here the dump

------[ Versions ]------

Program Version : AIDA64 Extreme v5.95.4500
BenchDLL Version: 4.3.770-x64
Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 6.1.7601.24024 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

------[ Video Adapters ]------

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti [10DE-1B06 / 1458-3762]

------[ Video Driver ]------

nvapi.dll: 23.21.13.8871
nvd3dumx||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2umx||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2umx||23.21.13.8871|||nvd3dum||23.21.13.8871 - nVIDIA ForceWare 388.71|||nvwgf2um||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2um||23.21.13.8871
nvd3dumx||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2umx||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2umx||23.21.13.8871|||nvd3dum||23.21.13.8871 - nVIDIA ForceWare 388.71|||nvwgf2um||23.21.13.8871|||nvwgf2um||23.21.13.8871

------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B00-CR1F = 00 ]------
------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B00-CR49 = 00 ]------

------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B01-CR1F = 00 ]------
------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B01-CR49 = 00 ]------

------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B02-CR1F = 00 ]------
------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B02-CR49 = 00 ]------

------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B03-CR1F = 00 ]------
------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B03-CR49 = 00 ]------

------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B04-CR1F = 00 ]------
------[ nVIDIA GPU #1 / B04-CR49 = 00 ]------

Total   :   12.8 sec
GPU1-B00:    0.3 sec
GPU1-B01:    0.3 sec
GPU1-B02:    0.3 sec
GPU1-B03:    0.4 sec
GPU1-B04:    9.6 sec

On 15.2.2018 at 10:47 PM, Fiery said:

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

any ideas?

13 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you for the dump.  Please try to disable GPU sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart Windows.  Let me know if it helps.

yeah it works, but after a restart my sensorpanel doesnt give me information from my graphics card.......

when i activate it back in windows without a restart both programs works well........

On ‎2018‎. ‎02‎. ‎18‎. at 10:36 AM, pimp1310 said:

yeah it works, but after a restart my sensorpanel doesnt give me information from my graphics card.......

when i activate it back in windows without a restart both programs works well........

Thank you.  We've tried to reproduce the issue on our own Gigabyte video card, but for us it worked flawlessly, even with GPU sensor polling enabled in AIDA64.  Please let me know what exactly happens, what functionality of Aorus Graphics Engine stops working when you have AIDA64 auto-started at Windows bootup.

7 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you.  We've tried to reproduce the issue on our own Gigabyte video card, but for us it worked flawlessly, even with GPU sensor polling enabled in AIDA64.  Please let me know what exactly happens, what functionality of Aorus Graphics Engine stops working when you have AIDA64 auto-started at Windows bootup.

i boot my pc with both in autostart "Aorus Graphic engine" & "AIDA64".

i must enter my passwort for my windows7 then the leds works well it glows for example, then i enter my passwort and the glow stops and when i change the settings in "Aorus Graphic engine" it takes no matter....

i made no ones of my changes.....

On ‎2018‎. ‎02‎. ‎21‎. at 6:35 PM, pimp1310 said:

i boot my pc with both in autostart "Aorus Graphic engine" & "AIDA64".

i must enter my passwort for my windows7 then the leds works well it glows for example, then i enter my passwort and the glow stops and when i change the settings in "Aorus Graphic engine" it takes no matter....

i made no ones of my changes.....

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

On 2.3.2018 at 12:44 PM, Fiery said:

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

okay now he takes the effect change in the aorus app, but he one make it once time, then the effect hangs up

20 hours ago, pimp1310 said:

okay now he takes the effect change in the aorus app, but he one make it once time, then the effect hangs up

I'm afraid I don't understand that.  Can you please explain (in details) how the issue has been affected by the new beta build of AIDA64?

okay i try, dont forget my native language is not english.

okay, after using the Beta version i can change the effects of the leds in aorus graphics engine, this dont works with the normal version, but now this works.

BUT the effect only works once, when i select it, then it stops.

i contact gigabyte for the Problem, and they say this:

• Uninstall the current  AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE and third-party software such as AIDA64, reboot your system and reinstall the latest version of the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE version 1.30 utility from the product page, click here.

they say i must uninstall aida64, you see there is a problem with AIDA64 AND the AORUS ENGINE.

How i say, 60% Works now, the effekt change, but then its end....the leds stop, for example i use "breathing" then he makes it once times and then it hangs.....

when i select a effect and click on "apply" it comes a loading circle, the effect works then, after 5 seconds the loading circle comes again, and then the effect hangs up

On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎07‎. at 4:49 PM, pimp1310 said:

okay i try, dont forget my native language is not english.

okay, after using the Beta version i can change the effects of the leds in aorus graphics engine, this dont works with the normal version, but now this works.

BUT the effect only works once, when i select it, then it stops.

i contact gigabyte for the Problem, and they say this:

• Uninstall the current  AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE and third-party software such as AIDA64, reboot your system and reinstall the latest version of the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE version 1.30 utility from the product page, click here.

they say i must uninstall aida64, you see there is a problem with AIDA64 AND the AORUS ENGINE.

How i say, 60% Works now, the effekt change, but then its end....the leds stop, for example i use "breathing" then he makes it once times and then it hangs.....

when i select a effect and click on "apply" it comes a loading circle, the effect works then, after 5 seconds the loading circle comes again, and then the effect hangs up

Thank you for the clarification.  We'll need to get a similar video card to let us reproduce the issue and perform special test runs to find which portion of the GPU detection code causes the collision with Aorus Graphics Engine.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem.  After doing some research online I found that many others are having the same exact problem, AIDA64 is causing the LED option to disappear from Aorus Graphics Engine software. 

AIDA64 has to know by now that is NOT an isolated issue, but rather wide spread issue with all users of AIDA64 and Aorus Grahics Engine software available from Gigabyte.

Any solutions as of yet???

On 3/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, Fiery said:

Thank you for the clarification.  We'll need to get a similar video card to let us reproduce the issue and perform special test runs to find which portion of the GPU detection code causes the collision with Aorus Graphics Engine.

Fiery, please be advised that the majority of all Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti owners (if not all) that use the Aorus Graphics Engine and your AIDA64 software will experience the problem posted in this thread, the LED option from Aorus Graphics Engine software disappears.  AIDA64 is causing the LED option to disappear from the Aorus Graphics Engine program.

Please provide a workaround and eventually a fix.  Do you guys realize that it's not an isolated issue (it's wide spread)?  Are you working on a fix?

5 minutes ago, MOY said:

Fiery, please be advised that the majority of all Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 Ti owners (if not all) that use the Aorus Graphics Engine and your AIDA64 software will experience the problem posted in this thread, the LED option from Aorus Graphics Engine software disappears.  AIDA64 is causing the LED option to disappear from the Aorus Graphics Engine program.

Please provide a workaround and eventually a fix.  Do you guys realize that it's not an isolated issue (it's wide spread)?  Are you working on a fix?

We haven't received bug reports about AIDA64 vs. Aorus Graphics Engine other than the posts in this forum topic.  The issue may be wide spread, but we haven't heard of a massive number of users complaining yet.  We'll do our best to find a resolution soon.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:11 PM, Fiery said:

We haven't received bug reports about AIDA64 vs. Aorus Graphics Engine other than the posts in this forum topic.  The issue may be wide spread, but we haven't heard of a massive number of users complaining yet.  We'll do our best to find a resolution soon.

I also have the aforementioned problem for about 6-7 months now. I am in contact with Gigabyte for the last 6 months, and they apparently do not forward anything to you about the problem. I just did a clean Windows 10 reinstall yesterday, just to be sure, and I can say that the problem persists for sure with all AGE versions from 1.0 (including the beta) to 1.31 (current version).

The problem is not only with the LEDs control, but also with the Fan Stop (also fan start) function of the GPU. My GPU is Aorus 1080Ti eXtreme and my motherboard is Aorus X299 Gaming 9 (Gigabyte's current top models). When AIDA64 is working, no matter if it's from boot up or if it's manually started later, the user loses the ability to control the LEDs both on the GPU and on the motherboard. After AIDA64 gets started at least once after boot, the GPU loses control of its fans, if AGE is not started. I'll explain this in detail:

1. Windows starts, AIDA64 is not loaded automatically, AGE is not loaded automatically, result is - user can control LEDs on both GPU and MB with Gigabyte RGB Fusion software and Fan Stop of the GPU is working automatically as it should

2. Windows starts, AIDA64 is not loaded automatically, AGE is loaded, result is the same as 1.

3. Windows starts, AIDA64 is loaded automatically, AGE is also loaded, result is - no LEDs control, Fan Stop on the GPU is working as it should

4. continuing from 3. we stop AIDA64 manually, AGE is still running, result is - still no LEDs control, Fan Stop still working as it should

5. continuing from 3. we stop AGE, AIDA64 is still running, result is - no LEDs control through RGB Fusion, Fan Stop is not working as it should anymore (explanation in 5a and 5b)

5a. while Fan Stop is active I run anything to load the GPU to 100%, result is - GPU goes to 91 degrees Celsius and starts throttling, GPU fans do not start at all at any point of the test

5b. while Fan Stop is not active (fans are working because GPU temperature is over 55 degrees Celsius, because anything is currently using the GPU), I stop the software that's loading the GPU, GPU temperature drops below the Fan Stop limit of 55 degrees Celsius, however the fans do not stop ever, if I then run AGE, Fan Stop activates immediately, but still no LEDs control whatsoever neither on GPU or MB.

I hope this info helps you fix your software.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments.  I'd like to ask you all to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first. We need that dump in order to filter out the affected video cards from the nVIDIA SMBus scanning module. This is the first step we can take to get to the bottom of the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...