fixed: Incorrect CPU usage since Windows 11 22H2

Navadude805
Go to solution Solved by Fiery,

17 hours ago, Navadude805 said:

Same , I emailed them a little over a month ago with a full scan & never received anything back . 

I contacted them a second time just the other day as well and still NO response... At this point Im almost ready to just grab one of those 5inch sensor monitors from ALIEXPRESS that has its own software... This is getting out of hand and this so called "CUSTOMER SERVICE" is absolutely shameful!!!

13 hours ago, Fiery said:

We're aware of the issue and working on the resolution.

Thanks for the reply. I really just wish that my support tickets (as well as other peoples) on this matter were answered. I STILL have not received a response from either of the 2 tickets I have opened.

I hope this issue is solved soon. Is there a TEMP workaround that you may be able to use as AFTERBURNER / RTSS seems to have done?

On 11/21/2022 at 12:58 AM, JPALEOLOGOS said:

Thanks for the reply. I really just wish that my support tickets (as well as other peoples) on this matter were answered. I STILL have not received a response from either of the 2 tickets I have opened.

I hope this issue is solved soon. Is there a TEMP workaround that you may be able to use as AFTERBURNER / RTSS seems to have done?

We've done thorough test runs with various Win10 and Win11 builds and so far our conclusion is that the discrepancies between the CPU usage % reported by Task Manager and AIDA64 are due to the updated formula Microsoft uses to calculate CPU usage that also takes Turbo Boost into account.  For example, when you open AIDA64 System Stability Test, go to Preferences / General, and set CPU mask to utilize 50% of the logical processors available in the system, and you start CPU stress test, Task Manager clearly shows the first half of the logical processors are stressed to 100% and the rest are idling.  Yet if you have Turbo Boost enabled and your processor is capable of utilizing Turbo in that scenario, CPU usage % in Task Manager will show a value higher than 50%.  And if you deactivate Turbo Boost, Task Manager will show exactly 50%.  However, in both scenarios AIDA64 will show 50% CPU utilization.

My understanding is that the new metric for usage handouts is echoed by a second area that the Task Manager uses. Can this second metric be captured, provided the software is aware of the Windows build version?

Looking forward to an update, as I use the readout via AIDA64 Sensor Panel as I am a professional full time streamer and use the readout religiously when I am broadcasting.

Waiting eagerly for an update... AIDA64 is unmatched in my book as a tool, and this little "bug" from Microsoft is driving me a little mad! LOL

20 hours ago, Eireman said:

My understanding is that the new metric for usage handouts is echoed by a second area that the Task Manager uses. Can this second metric be captured, provided the software is aware of the Windows build version?

Looking forward to an update, as I use the readout via AIDA64 Sensor Panel as I am a professional full time streamer and use the readout religiously when I am broadcasting.

Waiting eagerly for an update... AIDA64 is unmatched in my book as a tool, and this little "bug" from Microsoft is driving me a little mad! LOL

Hear Hear!!! I am waiting for an update on this as well as I love my AIDA Sensor Panel but without this new metric being taken into consideration, its broken...

On 11/28/2022 at 7:06 PM, Squall Leonhart said:

Microsoft has resolved this on their end, aida64 cpu usage without any fixes matches MSIAB with the "fix"

What does this mean exactly? I am completely up to date with Windows 11 updates and my CPU Usage on AIDA64 is still broken... 

I am also up to date on AIDA64 as well... 

2 hours ago, JPALEOLOGOS said:

What does this mean exactly? I am completely up to date with Windows 11 updates and my CPU Usage on AIDA64 is still broken... 

I am also up to date on AIDA64 as well... 

some goes for me. all up-to-date but cpu usage in aida64 is still broken

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, Squall Leonhart said:

Microsoft has resolved this on their end, aida64 cpu usage without any fixes matches MSIAB with the "fix"

I am most definitely not seeing any fix myself. My panel is still borked. 

Currently running 11 Pro, 10.22621 Build 22621.

Are you running a BETA update through Windows Insider participation? I can't, as I need stability as I use my system professionally.

I put a support ticket in a few weeks ago, got a reply saying that they've done extensive testing and could not find any problem with the way Aida64 reports CPU usage. they also stated that as far as they are concerned the problem is with the latest version of Win11.

I play Star Citizen which is very CPU intensive, even after the latest Win11 update task manager reports anywhere between 40-90% usage which is exactly the same as it's always been. Aida64 reports 1-2%

There are literally hundreds of posts complaining about Aida64's reporting of CPU usage and all Finalwire wants to do is blame Win11.

Irrespective of who or what is to blame, Aida64 is a purchased program and given the number of complaints concerning this issue it should have been fixed a long time ago.

• Thanks 2

Just now, geoff.s said:

I put a support ticket in a few weeks ago, got a reply saying that they've done extensive testing and could not find any problem with the way Aida64 reports CPU usage. they also stated that as far as they are concerned the problem is with the latest version of Win11.

I play Star Citizen which is very CPU intensive, even after the latest Win11 update task manager reports anywhere between 40-90% usage which is exactly the same as it's always been. Aida64 reports 1-2%

There are literally hundreds of posts complaining about Aida64's reporting of CPU usage and all Finalwire wants to do is blame Win11.

Irrespective of who or what is to blame, Aida64 is a purchased program and given the number of complaints concerning this issue it should have been fixed a long time ago.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, Fiery said:

We've done thorough test runs with various Win10 and Win11 builds and so far our conclusion is that the discrepancies between the CPU usage % reported by Task Manager and AIDA64 are due to the updated formula Microsoft uses to calculate CPU usage that also takes Turbo Boost into account.  For example, when you open AIDA64 System Stability Test, go to Preferences / General, and set CPU mask to utilize 50% of the logical processors available in the system, and you start CPU stress test, Task Manager clearly shows the first half of the logical processors are stressed to 100% and the rest are idling.  Yet if you have Turbo Boost enabled and your processor is capable of utilizing Turbo in that scenario, CPU usage % in Task Manager will show a value higher than 50%.  And if you deactivate Turbo Boost, Task Manager will show exactly 50%.  However, in both scenarios AIDA64 will show 50% CPU utilization.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 4:20 PM, Squall Leonhart said:

because it was win11s fault.

I'm running the latest non-beta versions of both Win 11 and Aida64 and Aida64 is not reporting CPU usage correctly.  HWinfo64 and MSI Afterburner don't seem to be having any issues, so Windows doesn't seem be the only cause of the issue. 

I'm slightly more perturbed than I would be normally, however Aida64 is paid software that requires you to keep paying if you ever update your hardware, while the other software is free.  I personally would rather have accurate monitoring than the panel.  The only reason I pay for Aida64 is the panel and that functionality is useless if it isn't an accurate representation of my CPU usage.  Finalwire needs to figure it out or they are going to start losing paying customers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, jimmysombrero said:

I'm running the latest non-beta versions of both Win 11 and Aida64 and Aida64 is not reporting CPU usage correctly.  HWinfo64 and MSI Afterburner don't seem to be having any issues, so Windows doesn't seem be the only cause of the issue. 

I'm slightly more perturbed than I would be normally, however Aida64 is paid software that requires you to keep paying if you ever update your hardware, while the other software is free.  I personally would rather have accurate monitoring than the panel.  The only reason I pay for Aida64 is the panel and that functionality is useless if it isn't an accurate representation of my CPU usage.  Finalwire needs to figure it out or they are going to start losing paying customers. 

They are aware of the issue. It is a Microsoft issue.  But there are obviously work arounds for the time being.  Aida has chosen not to implement this.  Aida64 has been quiet as of late on this issue as well...  Multiple support tickets have been submitted from many people.  Unfortunately, they choose not to respond to most of these.  I have filed a couple myself and have gotten zero response. Even though they say they expedite paying customers with keys. This was 2 weeks ago.   A formal post about this issue would go a long way.  Transparency is always best in these situations, rather than leaving your paying customers guessing. Yes, I have pretty much thrown in the towel on Aida64. I am definitely not paying for it again after my subscription is done.  Why should I pay for broken software? I had to do a clean install of windows 11 21h2 and turn off updates to get correct values again.

I have no idea if they are still working on a fix or if they are hoping Microsoft will have a hot fix soon.  Since it's been this long (3 months), I am not holding my breath for Microsoft.  @Fiery can we have an update on this.  What is the plan?  This is still an issue.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mondueo said:

I am definitely not paying for it again after my subscription is done.  Why should I pay for broken software?

Same here. There is also an issue with delayed processing of aquacomputer sensor data via USB.
It doenst make sense to pay for licences. Its the only language that every company understands.