AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Hurricane28

Weird sensor reports and fan controlling issues (Asus Crosshair VI Hero)

2 hours ago, tomy100 said:

Thank you very much for your answer.

Does the latest beta version of AIDA64 improve behavior?

Is Asus really looking for a solution? This problem seems to have been known for a long time and no bios have tried to solve this problem.

Does not Asus seek to hide the problem, and therefore never solve it?

Make sure to always use the latest AIDA64 beta build on Asus ROG products -- although in this particular case it wouldn't help much I'm afraid.  As a temporary workaround you can try disabling EC (Embedded Controller) support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, but that may still not get things 100% stable.

We've discussed the issues and came up with a possible solution with Asus' engineers.  So yes, they are absolutely committed now to fix the collision issue.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the problem remains the same.

Out of curiosity I tried with another software (HWInfo), when I opened the latter he warned me against the use of the EC.
I nevertheless accepted the risks.

I did not experience any crash with HWInfo, either in fan speed or in the display of my ROG Front base.

Could it be that a solution (given by Asus?) Could be integrated in HWinfo but not in AIDA64?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

On ‎2018‎. ‎01‎. ‎05‎. at 9:15 AM, tomy100 said:

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately the problem remains the same.

Out of curiosity I tried with another software (HWInfo), when I opened the latter he warned me against the use of the EC.
I nevertheless accepted the risks.

I did not experience any crash with HWInfo, either in fan speed or in the display of my ROG Front base.

Could it be that a solution (given by Asus?) Could be integrated in HWinfo but not in AIDA64?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

No, it's not the same thing.  The EC warning is due to EC bank switching, which is indeed a dangerous thing to perform when AI Suite is installed.

Thank you for your reply.

How do you explain the difference in behavior between AIDA64 and HWinfo?

AIDA64 + ROG Front Base = Placing the display + fans to 100% after a few minutes
HWinfo + ROG Front Base = No crash despite 3 days when the PC remained on?

On ‎2018‎. ‎01‎. ‎09‎. at 5:01 PM, tomy100 said:

Thank you for your reply.

How do you explain the difference in behavior between AIDA64 and HWinfo?

AIDA64 + ROG Front Base = Placing the display + fans to 100% after a few minutes
HWinfo + ROG Front Base = No crash despite 3 days when the PC remained on?

I have no idea.  HWiNFO is not our software, so we don't have deep understanding on the way it handles your system.

Good to hear there is some progress about this issue.

I understand that the problem occurs when more software programs access the EC sensor and therefore become erratic. hardwareinfo64 found an solution but as for Aida64 there is none as of today. I tried launching Aida64 last week with the latest beta and it gave me errors and my fans also spin up to the max without ramping down.

The EC event ID in Windows is a different thing though which is not related to this as its an Microsoft issue i've been told. There is more about this in the overclock.net ROG thread.

Thnx for the update but i already read that. I am an member of overclock.net too.

Elmor said this before and its been like 6 months and still no fix.. I doubt they fix it but i stay positive.

Hi guys,

I have a new Asus ROG x470 board and i uses Aida64 the latest version and within 15 minutes i have the fan issue again..

Why is this still not fixed after all these months is my question? I really want to use your program but i can't even run cash benchmark because of this fan issue...

Plz contact Elmor ( Jon)  From asus ROG in order to solve this.

Thank you.

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎29‎. at 9:14 AM, Hurricane28 said:

Hi guys,

I have a new Asus ROG x470 board and i uses Aida64 the latest version and within 15 minutes i have the fan issue again..

Why is this still not fixed after all these months is my question? I really want to use your program but i can't even run cash benchmark because of this fan issue...

Plz contact Elmor ( Jon)  From asus ROG in order to solve this.

Thank you.

The issue will be fixed when the new sensor solution will be implemented in both X370 and X470 chipset based Asus motherboards.  Jon is still working on it AFAIK.

I see,

I really hope this is going to be fixed soon as i really need and want to use Aida64 again which i can't now.

But the question remains, why do i only have problems with Aida64 and not with other programs.

New Beta-BIOS 6201 released:

• AGESA 1.0.0.2c
• Fixes fan calibration wrongly detecting 90+% min duty
• Fixes APM settings (restore power on AC loss)
• Adds an ACPI-WMI interface for sensor readings. It's the first release and may still have bugs. For example there's an issue where some temperatures and VRM current will read 0 at the moment. Latest HWInfo64 Beta will pick this up, not sure about others. This is the SIO sensor fix you've been waiting for. It will only be working fully when all software are using it.

Now waiting for an AIDA64-Update…

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:30 PM, Grainger said:

New Beta-BIOS 6201 released:

• AGESA 1.0.0.2c
• Fixes fan calibration wrongly detecting 90+% min duty
• Fixes APM settings (restore power on AC loss)
• Adds an ACPI-WMI interface for sensor readings. It's the first release and may still have bugs. For example there's an issue where some temperatures and VRM current will read 0 at the moment. Latest HWInfo64 Beta will pick this up, not sure about others. This is the SIO sensor fix you've been waiting for. It will only be working fully when all software are using it.

Now waiting for an AIDA64-Update…

We're already working on it ;) The new WMI interface will be implemented in other AM4 and TR4 Asus motherboards as well, so hopefully soon all such motherboard owners will have a stable monitoring solution.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fiery said:

We're already working on it ;) The new WMI interface will be implemented in other AM4 and TR4 Asus motherboards as well, so hopefully soon all such motherboard owners will have a stable monitoring solution.

I'm glad to hear that. ;)

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, Grainger said:

I'm glad to hear that. ;)

Here's the first AIDA64 beta that supports the new Asus WMI sensor interface:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You can enable/disable Asus WMI sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  It is enabled by default.

It requires a BIOS interface, so it will only work in case the motherboard BIOS supports Asus WMI.  If it doesn't, and you flash a new BIOS that does support it, AIDA64 will automatically switch to using the WMI interface right away.

The current implementation supports Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Crosshair VII Hero and Zenith Extreme motherboards.  Other motherboards are partly or fully supported by the current implementation.  When a certain motherboard is not fully supported, make sure to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.  That dump will enable us to fine-tune the Asus WMI implementation and adjust it to support new motherboards.

We've tested the current implementation with the following motherboard + BIOS combinations with success:

- Crosshair VI Hero / 6201
- Crosshair VII Hero / 0702

Everyone: please let us know how it works on your motherboards ;) 

Thx.

Received 5.97.4640 Beta with the Auto-Update.

Asus WMI Sensor is enabled by default.

All seems to be fine, only the sensor reading from my Corsair H110i AiO-Pump displays 0 rpm in the sensorpanel. But after assigning the sensor new to the AiO its running too.

PS: should Asus ATKEX Sensor (Asus ROG) enabled too?

9 hours ago, Grainger said:

Thx.

Received 5.97.4640 Beta with the Auto-Update.

Asus WMI Sensor is enabled by default.

All seems to be fine, only the sensor reading from my Corsair H110i AiO-Pump displays 0 rpm in the sensorpanel. But after assigning the sensor new to the AiO its running too.

PS: should Asus ATKEX Sensor (Asus ROG) enabled too?

Thank you for your feedback.  No, ATKEX is a different interface, so that setting does not have any affect on Asus WMI.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:31 PM, Fiery said:

Here's the first AIDA64 beta that supports the new Asus WMI sensor interface:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You can enable/disable Asus WMI sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  It is enabled by default.

It requires a BIOS interface, so it will only work in case the motherboard BIOS supports Asus WMI.  If it doesn't, and you flash a new BIOS that does support it, AIDA64 will automatically switch to using the WMI interface right away.

The current implementation supports Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Crosshair VII Hero and Zenith Extreme motherboards.  Other motherboards are partly or fully supported by the current implementation.  When a certain motherboard is not fully supported, make sure to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.  That dump will enable us to fine-tune the Asus WMI implementation and adjust it to support new motherboards.

We've tested the current implementation with the following motherboard + BIOS combinations with success:

- Crosshair VI Hero / 6201
- Crosshair VII Hero / 0702

Everyone: please let us know how it works on your motherboards ;) 

Great news! Hopefully its really working this time. What is this new 0702 BIOS? I don't see any or is that a new one we don't have yet?

Thnx.

6 hours ago, Hurricane28 said:

Great news! Hopefully its really working this time. What is this new 0702 BIOS? I don't see any or is that a new one we don't have yet?

Thnx.

It's a non-public BIOS update ... right now.  It should be out there soon.

C6H and BIOS 6201:

With BIOS 6201 and with AIDA64 5.97.4640 Beta there are no more fan issues since 1 week.

I tested the system for many hours under realistic conditions (encoding more than 10 blurays with handbrake).

17 hours ago, Grainger said:

C6H and BIOS 6201:

With BIOS 6201 and with AIDA64 5.97.4640 Beta there are no more fan issues since 1 week.

I tested the system for many hours under realistic conditions (encoding more than 10 blurays with handbrake).

Sounds great, thank you!

On the Zenith extreme using bios 1003 (latest official one) it does not work -- after a while it ramps the fans and sound like my computer is going to take off.

any hits Fiery? or the new WMI interface is not there for Zenith yet?

12 hours ago, aTsgR said:

On the Zenith extreme using bios 1003 (latest official one) it does not work -- after a while it ramps the fans and sound like my computer is going to take off.

any hits Fiery? or the new WMI interface is not there for Zenith yet?

Zenith Extreme has no public BIOS that would support the new Asus ACPI WMI interface yet.

I see, thanks for this! hopefully ASUS gets its act together soon... as this is kind of unacceptable (for all boards involved).