SensorPanel -- a new flexible monitoring module to replace OSD and Sidebar Gadget

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm forced to use 3 programs simultaneously :)

1. RivaTuner has best graphs with background monitoring and settings, hotkeys, sound alarm by triggers, best convenient look, AIDA-plugins, but cannot control fan of my GTX460.

2. AIDA for monitoring other sensor that cannot Riva do, but AIDA has not graphs, bad OSD, no hotkeys to call it.

3. MSI Afterburner controls fan in my GTX460, but has very bad graphs, imposible looking, no AIDA-plugins, bad tray digits and always-working RTSS for it.

Result: if AIDA will copy all best things from Riva, I can remove Riva at least! :D

My first attempt:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/Arctucas/SenorPanel.jpg

I have a lot of wasted space, so I am working on getting the size a bit more compact.

Second version:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/Arctucas/SensorPanel2.jpg

A bit more compact.

How could I place a calendar and clock on the Sensor Panel in lieu of Date and Time?

@Fiery,

Would it be possible to make the Sensor Panel background transparent in lieu of colored?

If so, would that allow users to have their various sensors/labels/bars etc. appear to be 'floating' on top of their desktop background?

Personally, I would like this type of option very much, rather than a colored 'panel'.

How could I place a calendar and clock on the Sensor Panel in lieu of Date and Time?

SensorPanel currently only supports the text date and time. We may add a graphical clock later, but it's not on our short term roadmap I'm afraid.

Would it be possible to make the Sensor Panel background transparent in lieu of colored?

If so, would that allow users to have their various sensors/labels/bars etc. appear to be 'floating' on top of their desktop background?

Personally, I would like this type of option very much, rather than a colored 'panel'.

The current rendering solution of the SensorPanel doesn't support such transparency :( We'll check what can be done, although a full transparency effect may require a completely different rendering approach.

BTW, if you have a fixed place of the SensorPanel on your Windows Desktop (e.g. always the top-right corner), then you may get the transparency effect by taking the Desktop background image, cutting the part out of it where the SensorPanel is placed, and putting that image on the SensorPanel as a background image ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When I change "Shadow" (under "Font name"), I have lost my changed label (reset to default value).

We've tried that, but couldn't reproduce the issue. Please let us know the exact steps you perform when you lose the label.

When I do Win+D (close all windows) to watch SP, it`s closed too - it`s not good! ;)

You should use Win+M instead ;)

After reboot, I'm trying to repeat the sequence of my steps, but I can not. ;) I don`t see this issue yet.

Please let us know if you find that issue again, or any other problems with the SensorPanel ;)

At the moment , unless I'm wrong, in order to display the sensor panel on the

desktop you need to

1. open AIDA64

2. go to the file menu

3. select preferences

4. select the sensor panel

5. check show sensor

6. hit apply

7. hit ok

8. close AIDA64 window.

Just wonder if it might be possible to have a creatable short cut to the sensor

panel? ;)

Once you enable the SensorPanel, AIDA64 will remember that setting, and will automatically display the SensorPanel when you launch AIDA64. You can set AIDA64 to launch at every Windows startup. And you can also configure AIDA64 to hide its main window when you launch it (or when it is automatically launched at Windows startup). Both options are available in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General.

Fiery, We have only "SP always on top", but also need "SP always on desktop" !

After reboot, I have auto-start some windows (e.g. TotalCMD) and SP appears on top of all.

Maybe, hotkey for open/hide SP ?

About Bars:

1. Maybe good when user has only 1 colour limit by default and can add more if he wants?

2. Smoothly iridescent color would be best! ;) Min - first color (green), Max - second color (red), possible third color (yellow) in the middle.

My first SP:

0_77d01_29fbf34f_S.jpg

Once you enable the SensorPanel, AIDA64 will remember that setting, and will automatically display the SensorPanel when you launch AIDA64. You can set AIDA64 to launch at every Windows startup. And you can also configure AIDA64 to hide its main window when you launch it (or when it is automatically launched at Windows startup). Both options are available in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General.

Thanks Fiery, yes I have AIDA64 loading at start up and with the main window hidden and if show sensor panel is checked it shows automatically which is fine, but I don't always want to have the sensor panel showing, so at the moment, if it's not showing I need to open main window again and run through the steps to make it show/not show.

So I just thought it might be good to have a toggle from the system tray AIDA64 icon popup menu or the ability to make a shortcut operable from the tray or desktop.

Still sensor panel is a great way to monitor the system from the desktop, so thanks a lot.

Here is my initial attempt... designed to fit in the Gadget area.

The ability to associate an URL with an image object can be very useful.

Curious, is it possible to associate a local program with an image object?

i.e. click on the 64 icon to bring up AIDA64.

Edit: attachments deleted for space

Here is my initial attempt... designed to fit in the Gadget area.

The ability to associate an URL with an image object can be very useful.

Curious, is it possible to associate a local program with an image object?

i.e. click on the 64 icon to bring up AIDA64.

Yes! just have the URL point ot a place the program resides on your HD

David

Yes! just have the URL point ot a place the program resides on your HD

David

Thanks for reply David,

I think I'm fail on the syntax... can't get a web address to fly either.

In the URL field I've tried:

"C:\Program Files\AIDA64 Extreme Edition\aida64.exe", with and without the quotes (copied from Start menu)

and I also tried:

http://www.aida64.com/ and http://www.aida64.com/

with no luck.

Dutch

Thanks for reply David,

I think I'm fail on the syntax... can't get a web address to fly either.

In the URL field I've tried:

"C:\Program Files\AIDA64 Extreme Edition\aida64.exe", with and without the quotes (copied from Start menu)

and I also tried:

http://www.aida64.com/ and http://www.aida64.com/

with no luck.

Dutch

If that is the address of your aida64.exe file then when you double click on the image in the sensor panel that the URL is associated with it should open the program..... does for me

Another thought, make sure that your image is at the top of the layer! by that I mean the image is not behind say your background or control item.

David

Currently you can only use URLs on the SensorPanel when you lock the position of the panel (in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel). We'll work on eliminating that limitation.

And yes, you can enter a program path+filename as URL and double-clicking will launch the program.

Currently you can only use URLs on the SensorPanel when you lock the position of the panel (in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel). We'll work on eliminating that limitation.

And yes, you can enter a program path+filename as URL and double-clicking will launch the program.

Sweet, works like a charm.

Thank you both for your help.

As this is the "Brainstorming" sub-forum, I thought I would throw out a couple thoughts, which may have already been considered.

1.Graphing function/object:

> object height/width user specifiable

> horizontal axis reflects user specifiable time period (limited by buffer requirements?)

> vertical axis reflects user specifiable value OR selection to auto-scale to max value within the specified time period

> x, y, grid & graph lines each reflect use definable weight and color

> graph background reflects user definable color

> vertical/horizontal labels reflect user specifiable font, font size & background colors

> user specifiable graph title with all user definable font, size, color options

the ability to display multiple sensor values on a single graph is desirable.

perhaps a selection button in the Modify Item form specifying inclusion in the graph

the ability to define multiple graphs and assign sensor values to any defined graph would be the ultimate

this may require a graph be defined prior to assigning a sensor for graphing

2. Gauges - similar to bar, but shows sweeping needle on a dial instead of a bar

> object width user specifiable (height follows width to keep dial round)

> min, max values same as bar

> user specifiable radial dial marks

> dial, needle, background colors and value/label formatting user definable

> the dial background and/or needle change color as defined limits are passed

my 2 cents worth as it were.

Dutch

Thanks Fiery, yes I have AIDA64 loading at start up and with the main window hidden and if show sensor panel is checked it shows automatically which is fine, but I don't always want to have the sensor panel showing, so at the moment, if it's not showing I need to open main window again and run through the steps to make it show/not show.

So I just thought it might be good to have a toggle from the system tray AIDA64 icon popup menu or the ability to make a shortcut operable from the tray or desktop.

We've added the requested menu item into the AIDA64 System Tray icon right-click menu. Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1477kx8sd2yv3czip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

At first I thought that "Show SP" from the tray does not work, then I remembered that my Update Frequency for SP = 60 sec and it appears after 60 sec. This is good for reducing CPU usage, but bad for the show/hide SP. I think you'll have a lot of messages "Why Show SensorPanel does not work?" ;) It should not depend on Update Frequency.

At first I thought that "Show SP" from the tray does not work, then I remembered that my Update Frequency for SP = 60 sec and it appears after 60 sec. This is good for reducing CPU usage, but bad for the show/hide SP. I think you'll have a lot of messages "Why Show SensorPanel does not work?" ;) It should not depend on Update Frequency.

You're right about that issue. We'll fix that in the next AIDA64 beta release.

Thank you for the feedback.