New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

AFAIK none of them are produced anymore, so you cannot get them brand new anymore. The last series consisted of the 800P, 1000P, 800W and 1000W models. I'm not sure if the "W" version was a successor to the "P" version though.

Hi Fiery,

Is there any plan to support newer photo frames ?

The Samsung freezes too often.

Hi Fiery,

Is there any plan to support newer photo frames ?

The Samsung freezes too often.

We would love to support any photo frames, but most of them simply do not support passing bitmap data over the USB connection, so we cannot support them.

• 4 months later...

my samsung lcd panel stopped working after many months

The panel showed an error about low disk space, clear space before restart.

Problem is, none of my disks are low

Tried reboot, still doesnt come up, and the lcd panel screen says USB device not found

I tried reboot, tried reloading the libusb0 drivers.  Nothing works.

Latest aida64, spf-87h

And as I said, working for months, until the disk low message.

4 hours ago, philhu said:

my samsung lcd panel stopped working after many months

The panel showed an error about low disk space, clear space before restart.

Problem is, none of my disks are low

Tried reboot, still doesnt come up, and the lcd panel screen says USB device not found

I tried reboot, tried reloading the libusb0 drivers.  Nothing works.

Latest aida64, spf-87h

And as I said, working for months, until the disk low message.

I suppose the internal flash storage of your SPF-87H may have died for some reason :(  It's quite surprising and also annoying that it prevents the whole thing from working though...

• 1 month later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎03‎. ‎16‎. at 3:26 PM, shh200438 said:

When would SPF-83V be supported with aida64? now is 2017, would you update to support SPF-83V, SPF-85M?

As far as we know, SPF-83V uses a separate protocol that we know absolutely nothing about :( So we cannot support that, unless someone can provide us with the necessary programming guidelines for its protocol.

We don't have the USB device ID for SPF-85M.  Try to enable Samsung SPF LCD support on it, and after then try to issue an USB Dump by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

10 hours ago, Fiery said:

As far as we know, SPF-83V uses a separate protocol that we know absolutely nothing about :( So we cannot support that, unless someone can provide us with the necessary programming guidelines for its protocol.

We don't have the USB device ID for SPF-85M.  Try to enable Samsung SPF LCD support on it, and after then try to issue an USB Dump by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

thanks very much for your reply.Now i can change it from storage to mini monitor, but can't send pic or data to show in spf-85M, How to find it's usb protocol?

1 hour ago, shh200438 said:

thanks very much for your reply.Now i can change it from storage to mini monitor, but can't send pic or data to show in spf-85M, How to find it's usb protocol?

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

In the USB Dump we will find the USB device ID of your device.  Then we can enable SPF support as a test, in order to check if it shares protocol with the already supported SPF devices or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been working perfectly for me, until two weekends ago.  Did something change?

It runs, scrolling my pages, for about 30 minutes, then hangs on the 3rd page

If I exit aida64 and restart, it works for about 45 again.  Aida64 isn't hung, just the lcd screen udatpes.

Version 5.90.4242 beta, 5/19/2017.  I think it has happenned for about 2 weeks though

11 hours ago, philhu said:

This has been working perfectly for me, until two weekends ago.  Did something change?

It runs, scrolling my pages, for about 30 minutes, then hangs on the 3rd page

If I exit aida64 and restart, it works for about 45 again.  Aida64 isn't hung, just the lcd screen udatpes.

Version 5.90.4242 beta, 5/19/2017.  I think it has happenned for about 2 weeks though

No, we haven't changed anything about it.  But we've already seen overheating issues about Samsung SPF devices.  So in case the ambient temperature got hotter around your device, that may cause the hangs after a period of time.

• 2 months later...

Hello! The project with a photo frame has failed! It still freezes!
Created a new project called Sensor Front Panel Monitor (SFPM) based on a mini monitor that I built.

Works stably, the connection and power is via usb on the motherboard.
There were difficulties with using a multi-monitor system in windows. Loss of focus (when the full-screen 3D application was launched on the main SFPM monitor was turned off), as well as blocking the movement of the cursor between the two monitors.

I solved these problems using the displayfusion program.

2.jpg

3.1.jpg

5.jpg

4.1.jpg

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎17‎. at 0:18 PM, petrovv111 said:

Hello! The project with a photo frame has failed! It still freezes!
Created a new project called Sensor Front Panel Monitor (SFPM) based on a mini monitor that I built.

Works stably, the connection and power is via usb on the motherboard.
There were difficulties with using a multi-monitor system in windows. Loss of focus (when the full-screen 3D application was launched on the main SFPM monitor was turned off), as well as blocking the movement of the cursor between the two monitors.

I solved these problems using the displayfusion program.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.1.jpg

5.jpg

4.1.jpg

Looks stunning, great job!

• 3 months later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎12‎. ‎13‎. at 11:17 PM, ahiro said:

Is possible to monitoring PC on android smartphone (connected through USB)?

Yes, it's possible to monitor your PC from any web browser, running on any kind of device that has a web browser.  You can use the RemoteSensor feature for that purpose:

• 1 month later...

Hello im here to ask for some help im a windows 10 user and i have a spf-87h i cant install the drivers for it cause i need a windows 7 computer but i only have  a windows 10 i need some help i dont want to use the picture frame for an extra monitor i just want to use it as my very own picture frame and add some pictures of family and stuff if you can provide a way to fix this i will much aprecciate it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...