New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

8 minutes ago, SomaKhaos said:

So after reinstalling windows (bc something in the process to get it to work really f**** up my pc) it says "SPF Init OK" even without installing any drivers or the device showing up as unknown in the Device Manager. But it only shows Aida Informations for a few seconds on my Samsung Device and then turns back to the screen where it says that i can switch to mini-monitor-mode with the frame manager software (which i'm unable to install because there is no working version for win10)

I even tried opening aida64 in admin-mode

18 hours ago, SomaKhaos said:

So after reinstalling windows (bc something in the process to get it to work really f**** up my pc) it says "SPF Init OK" even without installing any drivers or the device showing up as unknown in the Device Manager. But it only shows Aida Informations for a few seconds on my Samsung Device and then turns back to the screen where it says that i can switch to mini-monitor-mode with the frame manager software (which i'm unable to install because there is no working version for win10)

Yes, we've heard about such issues when using SPF devices with Win10, but so far we haven't found a resolution :( 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, Fiery said:

Yes, we've heard about such issues when using SPF devices with Win10, but so far we haven't found a resolution :( 

i somehow got it to work for me. since aida tried to switch the frame to mini monitor mode there was a small time window, where the frame showed up as mini monitor in my device manager. and i was fast enough to quickly click on it and install your spf driver troughout the device manager

6 hours ago, SomaKhaos said:

i somehow got it to work for me. since aida tried to switch the frame to mini monitor mode there was a small time window, where the frame showed up as mini monitor in my device manager. and i was fast enough to quickly click on it and install your spf driver troughout the device manager

Maybe that's the trick then. To be super quick :) Great job!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using a Samsung SPF-107H for a few years but on my spare PC which I don't use that often. Last week, I moved it to my main PC and set it up. It works great except that at random times, it switches from mini monitor to mass storage mode and I have to turn it off and back on again to get it working.

When it does this, 2 new entries appear in device manage under disc drives and I lose the libusb-win32 devices entry.

Aida64 LCD.PNG

12 hours ago, tw33k said:

I've been using a Samsung SPF-107H for a few years but on my spare PC which I don't use that often. Last week, I moved it to my main PC and set it up. It works great except that at random times, it switches from mini monitor to mass storage mode and I have to turn it off and back on again to get it working.

When it does this, 2 new entries appear in device manage under disc drives and I lose the libusb-win32 devices entry.

I'm afraid Samsung SPF devices are not 100% stable.  Overheating and firmware getting mixed up seem to plague them quite frequently :( These days we'd recommend using Beadapanel instead of Samsung SPF.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, Fiery said:

I'm afraid Samsung SPF devices are not 100% stable.  Overheating and firmware getting mixed up seem to plague them quite frequently :( These days we'd recommend using Beadapanel instead of Samsung SPF.

Yes, I have noticed that the my Samsung SPF drops off and comes back quite regularly now.  I have noticed that it appears to stay longer if I drop the screen brightness.  I guess this might be related to temperature.

Is there any way you can adjust the LCD screen brightness from within AIDA?  It seems to revert back to 130 after power cycle.

IMG_20200511_093740.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:41 AM, pip_jones said:

Is there any way you can adjust the LCD screen brightness from within AIDA?  It seems to revert back to 130 after power cycle.

AFAIK there's no software based method to adjust the brightness of Samsung photo frames :(

On 5/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Fiery said:

AFAIK there's no software based method to adjust the brightness of Samsung photo frames :(

Thanks for feeding back. 

I have more details, and what looks like a cure for me!  Details posted here in case anyone else has similar issues.

Problem:

I was looking for clues as to why the Samsung LCD panel would stop working.

Background:

All my devices (keyboard, mouse, headphones, oculus rift & sensors, monitor usb hub and powered external hub, G920 etc.) were distributed evenly between the "Intel" and "ASMedia" USB controllers.

Since using new headphones I could regularly hear disconnect / reconnect windows sounds.

Looking for clues I was watching device manager and observed both the Samsung LCD and Oculus rift sensors were dropping out. 

My process: 

After "random" trying the LCD in different ports I unplugged everything and went through a process of elimination to work out which devices (and hubs) worked best on each port.  This took around two hours!

My results:

1) Keyboard & mouse, USB 2.0 ports.  This wasn't a configuration change but is worth keeping in mind.

2) Samsung LCD stopped dropping off when it was plugged directly onto the "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".  

3) USB headphones would not detect in windows if they were plugged into the adjacent port to the LCD.

4) Oculus rift sensors were repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting when plugged into ASMedia controller(s) and issues reported by oculus software.  Move to "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" and no more issues reported.

5) System has been stable since moving all devices onto the "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".

6) Rift sensors plugged into powered usb 3.0 hub (Anker)

7) Monitor plugged into powered usb 3.0

8) Headphones & Game controller plugged into monitor (don't judge, it's the most accessible cable point!)

9) G920 & Oculus rift direct connect to rear ports on motherboard)

I hope that helps anyone else out there!

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:27 PM, pip_jones said:

Thanks for feeding back. 

I have more details, and what looks like a cure for me!  Details posted here in case anyone else has similar issues.

Problem:

I was looking for clues as to why the Samsung LCD panel would stop working.

Background:

All my devices (keyboard, mouse, headphones, oculus rift & sensors, monitor usb hub and powered external hub, G920 etc.) were distributed evenly between the "Intel" and "ASMedia" USB controllers.

Since using new headphones I could regularly hear disconnect / reconnect windows sounds.

Looking for clues I was watching device manager and observed both the Samsung LCD and Oculus rift sensors were dropping out. 

My process: 

After "random" trying the LCD in different ports I unplugged everything and went through a process of elimination to work out which devices (and hubs) worked best on each port.  This took around two hours!

My results:

1) Keyboard & mouse, USB 2.0 ports.  This wasn't a configuration change but is worth keeping in mind.

2) Samsung LCD stopped dropping off when it was plugged directly onto the "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".  

3) USB headphones would not detect in windows if they were plugged into the adjacent port to the LCD.

4) Oculus rift sensors were repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting when plugged into ASMedia controller(s) and issues reported by oculus software.  Move to "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" and no more issues reported.

5) System has been stable since moving all devices onto the "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".

6) Rift sensors plugged into powered usb 3.0 hub (Anker)

7) Monitor plugged into powered usb 3.0

8) Headphones & Game controller plugged into monitor (don't judge, it's the most accessible cable point!)

9) G920 & Oculus rift direct connect to rear ports on motherboard)

I hope that helps anyone else out there!

Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme

Thank you for posting your solution!

• 5 weeks later...

I too have been using Samsung SPF (87H) in Windows 10 for years; without any realy problems I might add.

I don't have it running every day, so I don't know when it stopped working, but it's a bit odd...

When I start the display, it says "PC connected via USB cable".
I then select "Mini Monitor"; this always takes a few seconds; but while I can see in the Device Manager, that your "libusb-win32" driver is being loaded, it suddenly gets unloaded with a message displayed on the SPF: "Your photo frame must be connected tot he PC"

I've already tried a different USB cable and several USB ports (back or front); as it was working at least a few weeks ago: could a Win-Upd have "broken" the driver?

I don't even have the latest version; only an up2date 1909...

Does this driver work for you? What's your Win10 version? Latest updates installed?

Thanks for any infos!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 9:58 AM, dlder said:

I too have been using Samsung SPF (87H) in Windows 10 for years; without any realy problems I might add.

I don't have it running every day, so I don't know when it stopped working, but it's a bit odd...

When I start the display, it says "PC connected via USB cable".
I then select "Mini Monitor"; this always takes a few seconds; but while I can see in the Device Manager, that your "libusb-win32" driver is being loaded, it suddenly gets unloaded with a message displayed on the SPF: "Your photo frame must be connected tot he PC"

I've already tried a different USB cable and several USB ports (back or front); as it was working at least a few weeks ago: could a Win-Upd have "broken" the driver?

I don't even have the latest version; only an up2date 1909...

Does this driver work for you? What's your Win10 version? Latest updates installed?

Thanks for any infos!

We've tested the Samsung SPF module of AIDA64 using our SPF-75H test device, under Windows 10 64-bit Version 1909, with the libusb driver that we supply, and it works flawlessly.

• 2 months later...
On 2017/3/21 at PM3点56分, Fiery said:

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

In the USB Dump we will find the USB device ID of your device.  Then we can enable SPF support as a test, in order to check if it shares protocol with the already supported SPF devices or not.

Dear Aida64, I have a Sumsung DPF 85M,can you update Samsung SPF LibUsb driver ? Thank you very much!

------[ LibUsb0 Devices ]------

Device Description        : \\.\libusb0-0001--0x04e8-0x2042
Device ID                 : 04E8-2042
Device Number             : 1
Device Class              : 00 / 00
Device Protocol           : 00
Manufacturer              : Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Product                   : Samsung USB Minimo
Serial Number             : MMWCE3
Supported USB Version     : 2.00

sumsung DPF 85M.txt

I also have Samsung SPF (87H), it drops out every few hours... basicly the display just freezes, and stays that way.

Could freeze after 1 hour , could freeze after 8 hours.. I just stopped using it.

I tried different usb ports and different usb drivers, same thing

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After all drivers manually installed on my windows 10 64bit every time i enable samsung spf Lcd support i get in red letters ERROR CAN NOT FIND DLL Can i get a little help please?

If i Have my frame disconnected he say cant find device

When i connect it it says connecting but after 2 seconds it gives the error again ERROR CAN NOT FIND DLL

My frame is 1000W From Samsung 

Can i have a little hand to make this work?

On 2/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, Mega byte said:

After all drivers manually installed on my windows 10 64bit every time i enable samsung spf Lcd support i get in red letters ERROR CAN NOT FIND DLL Can i get a little help please?

If i Have my frame disconnected he say cant find device

When i connect it it says connecting but after 2 seconds it gives the error again ERROR CAN NOT FIND DLL

My frame is 1000W From Samsung 

Can i have a little hand to make this work?

Try to copy the file libusb0_x86.dll into AIDA64 installation folder, and then rename it to libusb0.dll.  It should help.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:52 PM, jacob210 said:

Dear Aida64, I have a Sumsung DPF 85M,can you update Samsung SPF LibUsb driver ? Thank you very much!

------[ LibUsb0 Devices ]------

Device Description        : \\.\libusb0-0001--0x04e8-0x2042
Device ID                 : 04E8-2042
Device Number             : 1
Device Class              : 00 / 00
Device Protocol           : 00
Manufacturer              : Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd
Product                   : Samsung USB Minimo
Serial Number             : MMWCE3
Supported USB Version     : 2.00

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

We also had to update the Samsung SPF LCD driver at:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

That package now has a new driver (2021) folder that supports SPF-85M device.

When you have a chance, please let us know what default USB device ID your device has when it is working in mass storage device mode. I'm wondering if it's 04E8-2041.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:05 AM, Fiery said:

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

We also had to update the Samsung SPF LCD driver at:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

That package now has a new driver (2021) folder that supports SPF-85M device.

When you have a chance, please let us know what default USB device ID your device has when it is working in mass storage device mode. I'm wondering if it's 04E8-2041.

Thanks Fiery. Really appreciate it.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, fabriciotoys said:

1st, thanks, it working perfect with 87h,

can I run 2 x mini monitors 87h at same time with diferent screens?

im not sure if aida64 suport duplicate lcd

AIDA64 does support multiple LCDs from a different kind (like one Samsung and an AlphaCool), but multiple Samsung SPF displays cannot be used the same time.